tap coupler jumper

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ai4px

Reaction score
I'm looking for a way to couple my tap lines together using the 7/8-14 shank thread. I hate to buy a shank just to cut it off, so is there a source for a coupler?

I'd like to use a recirulation pump to clean the lines and want to couple them together inside the keezer and inject water into one of my taps by slipping a hose over it and have water come out the other.

What type of keg couplers do you use - and how are you solving that end of the equation?

If you're using ball lock cornelius kegs, you might consider coupling pairs of beer connects together inside the keezer and running your pond pump in a bucket outside, using cheap vinyl tubing pressed over your faucet spouts for the in and out. Clean the whole system end to end without having to take anything apart...

Ball_Lock_JumperPost-2T.jpg

http://www.brewhardware.com/product_p/ball_lock_jumperpost.htm

Cheers!

I'd seen the ball lock jumper in another post... and I thought to myself, somone had the same idea as me! but I'm using the 7/8 - 14 tpi threads that are on my sanke(??) coupler. It is the same thread as on the shank going into the tap.

Ah - got it ("shank" made me think you were working the other ends).

Can't seem to find a ready-made 7/8-14 male-male coupler - or even just a nipple.
Kinda surprised about that...

Cheers!

The OP is trying to solve a problem based on Sanke keg flare fittings - which apparently use 7/8-14 swivel nuts. 1/4" flare thread isn't going to help him...

Cheers!

I got it boys and girls! Went to my local hardware store and found a 5/8 flare nut Union has the 7/8-14 thread. Of course it has the 45 degree flared tip, but that is easily solved with a hacksaw and a file. Now you can join your sanke tap jumpers together inside the kegerator and pump water thru to taps to clean them. In one tap and out the other!

I got it boys and girls! Went to my local hardware store and found a 5/8 flare nut Union has the 7/8-14 thread. Of course it has the 45 degree flared tip, but that is easily solved with a hacksaw and a file. Now you can join your sanke tap jumpers together inside the kegerator and pump water thru to taps to clean them. In one tap and out the other!

http://wholesalebeerparts.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=59_90_97&product_id=2722

??

Edit: never mind, you are working the other end of the lines.

Back