Tap-a-draft

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coldknife

Reaction score
I was wondering if any one has ever used the Tap-A-Draft kegging system available from morebeer.com. I am a long time home brewer but have never ventured into the world kegging but plan on converting soon. I like the idea of kegging in smaller containers so I can still bottle some for outings and gifts for family and friends. Thanks in advance for any info you might have.

:mug: COLDKNIFE

I'm assuming that that system is the same as the one for sale at William's brewing. I almost took the plunge with that when I started kegging. the thing that turned me off of it was that the little kegs don't last. I think they advertised a life of seven refills and then they were pretty much junk. Other than that, they seemed like a decent way to make your draft beer more portable. If you just want to keg some of your beer and bottle the rest, there are several options with cornys. You could get 3-gallon kegs and bottle the rest. you could just fill your corny halfway and bottle the rest. You could keg it all and bottle what you need with a counter-pressure filler or beer gun. Or, my personal favorite, make your beer in ten-gallon batches-keg five, bottle five.:mug:

Back