Tamarindo ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewmex41

Reaction score
I'm looking for suggestions on how to add tamarindo to an ale and what base beer would go best with this Mexican influenced beer?
I was thinkin about adding it to the boil, and using the briess weisen dme I have left over to brew a gallon batch to experiment.
Any hop suggestions? I was thinkin something citrusy like amarillo or on those lines. Thanks!

I know this is an old thread, but I just came across it while looking for some dark Mexican beer clones!

I'd like the answer to the same question that BrewMex41 asked, since I love Tamarindo candies! Any guru's out there that want to venture a guess or give us your expert opinion?

I was thinking of looking for maybe a Modelo Negro or Dos Equis clone (not Corona, which is Bud-light in a Mexican bottle), but maybe just an ordinary Brown Ale, Porter, or Stout with not a lot of flavor that would overwhelm the Tamarindo candy flavors.
THX

I think I would just use some tamarind pulp and chile peppers of my choice rather than use the candies. I believe the only other flavor in the candies is salt......why not do a spicy tamarind gose? Just an idea.

I think I would just use some tamarind pulp and chile peppers of my choice rather than use the candies. I believe the only other flavor in the candies is salt......why not do a spicy tamarind gose? Just an idea.
I wasn't going to use the candies, I just said I like them! The one's we buy at the Latino Market have 3 ingredients - Tamarind, Chili's and sugar.
I bought the tamarind at the market, and at an Asian store in Knoxville, I was able to get some tamarind concentrate - so that gives me a couple of different things to experiment with for starters ;0
THX for the reply.

Hah! My idea has been stolen! I am fermenting a Gose for the first tone and plan on testing some tamarind pulp in it when it's done. The idea is to try to make a tamarind Gose if it's good.

My suggestion is to get a few beers you're thinking of adding tamarind to and add some pulp to a glass. If it works, brew it up.

Also, if recommend making your own pulp from the pods, much better flavor than the concentrate.

Latest posts

Back