Tall 5 Gallon Pot?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AJBrew710

Reaction score
Hey all,

I currently brew 5 gallons but am switching to 2.5 gallon batches so I can brew more often. I was wondering if anybody had a recommendation for a 5 gallon pot to brew the 2.5 gallon batches. My current 7.5 gallon pot for 5 gallon batches is wider than it is tall, and I get a lot more evaporation than I'd like to see, even with keeping an eye on the vigor of the boil.

I spent some time scouring the Google but couldn't find any 5 gallon stainless pots that were taller than they were wide. I was curious if any of you small batch brewers had luck with a stock pot that didn't give you a ridiculously high evaporation rate.

Thanks for any suggestions,
A.J.

IDK if it will suit your dimensional needs but look at the Win Ware pots on Amazon. They are aluminum and work great.

I've used a Bayou Classic Stock Pot with a spigot (ball valve) for all of my 5 and 6 gallon brews, I have an 8 gal pot, I opted out of the brew kettles that have the thermostat due to costs at the time, these pots have an indentation supporting steam trays and false bottoms.
Mine also has Gallon measurements stamped into the pot, this is a nice touch, you can measure out the quantity of mash and sparge water without needing any other equipment.
They also offer brew kettle bundles.

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garde...eel-Stockpot-with-Spigot/6661398/product.html

Back