Taking "craft beer virgins" viginity

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BierGut

Reaction score
I recently took a very blue collar job at a steel mill where the idea of beer is "gimme my BMC and you can keep yer fancy ales!" Recent purchases delivered to the office really piqued everyones interest in my hobby so I brought in a Zombie Dust clone for my boss and two other coworkers to try. I was waiting for their bitter beer faces but I was surprised to see that they all enjoyed it very much. After about a million questions on how I made the beer I decided to invite everyone over for a brew day this weekend. Saturday I'll be using the Zombie Dust grain bill again but using something other than citra for the hops, I think that I have some more earthy strains that I'll use b/c I'm toying with the idea of adding dried juniper berries late in the boil for something like a Spruce Ale. Sunday I'll be brewing my first Saison. Depending on how things go, you might see a few new members on here soon posting the obligatory "Did I ruin my first batch" thread.

Nothing really. I love all beers but this was something outside of their comfort zone

I was being facetious... good work converting a few.

I'm mad that I ever discovered "craft brews," was hard to go from $16 30-packs to $13 4 packs.

I'm mad that I ever discovered "craft brews," was hard to go from $16 30-packs to $13 4 packs.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly why these guys never tried anything other than BMC. Who wants to spend that kind of money on something you might hate?

Back