T Type counter pressure bottle filler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do you mean by splashing everywhere? Does the bottle overflow with foam/beer? Does beer or gas keep coming out of the wand when you remove it?

What do you mean by splashing everywhere? Does the bottle overflow with foam/beer? Does beer or gas keep coming out of the wand when you remove it?
Yes it gushes out when I remove the wand.

1 of 2 things is probably happening:

1. You beer is over carbonated, and the beer is releasing a lot of CO2 from solution when you move it to the bottle. Are you having foam issues when you just pour the beer from a faucet?
2. Your keg pressure is too high for using the wand to bottle. Be sure the pressure in the keg is at like 5 psig or so. This slower filling should help with foaming.

See if these suggestions help!

Could you go over exactly how you are using the filler?

While I do not have that exact filler, the use of them should be similar.

After cleaning and sanitizing the bottles, I place the filler in the bottle and allow CO2 into the bottle with the release valve closed. After a short while, I close the CO2 and open the release valve all the way. I repeat this action 2-3 time to try to push out most of the air and replace it with CO2.

I then fill the bottle with CO2, and then close the CO2 line and then open the beer line. I slowly open the release valve to SLOWLY allow the beer to start filling the bottle. Once the bottle is filled, close the beer line and SLOWLY open the beer release valve, until there is not additional pressure in the bottle. You can then remove the wand and place a cap on the bottle.

I prefer to cap on foam. If the foam does not rise to the top of the bottle, I will lightly strike the bottle with a tap wrench or similar to start getting the CO2 to come out of solution. Once the foam is at the top of the bottle, I quickly move to clamp the bottle cap on the bottle.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Wayne

Latest posts

Back