System Upgrade - Bayou Arbor TC and EZboil

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeardedBrews

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone here, I finally made up my mind on some brewing upgrades I've wanted basically since I built my eKeg. In particular @The_Bishop for the help on basket and confirmation on controller.

I found a 62qt Bayou on Amazon warehouse for $65 which triggered the whole upgrade cycle. I went to Bobby at BrewHardware for a silver solder TC bulkhead and the high flow weldless dip tube. Arbor hooked me up with a 400 micron basket. Alabama for the TC element. @teesherv sold me the dspr-120.

First brew went awesome!

EZboil was rock solid with no tuning, the interface was easy and intuitive. Mash out was super easy. Very steady mash temp stability with no insulation and the lid off, extremely relaxing!

Basket was great. No sticking at all with the NEIPA grain bill, very even temperatures thanks to the recirculating rate, and a surprise was how much faster it drained than my Brew Bag. Dumping and rinse was mess free. I ended up putting it back in as a hops filter for the boil and it was great for that too.

Kettle cleanup was a breeze thanks to the lighter weight and the removable cables. No issues with the 24v pump experiment either, and it was super quiet.

Not really a build thread here, mostly just wanted to report how pleased I was with the performance of the whole kit. If anyone was on the fence about these parts I can give them a full 5 stars.

7lqYg8jALXEAQGz6OpJCyVgcIhe_JFilZqcwpVpGZ5yGkxToYD5Da4dQhJf3gMmUY1Hvp8i2D99UzRswi6TKBwd7EpiSNLkguvOQ

EFRY5EL4JYJ1ZquFK3nlI4ZCss4JmdZAJlDZVaRpXkVbGTA6ItiGS6MWpBl7XCeRgoNmjR4nMVP7dd_8VQBQAa0q_SxJAcuKSIt6

7JQ5qIP5fnMArMDMIPQ1M2otVeOIjYAtjPACDRsc7VC8XfFlyLv1xQC3NoXj1kBXMCA4ypGtkTuyEEBze-6e15PdykRTF9KrLuCh

dRCK3HZjttCepYW9RssQnHLelM4Nz7WybCBr852Gse0lA5MrUmJh96-RUtLuFEzr5Pc98nmFXUwqiNQVQUJ0u078xo1Uk8F9p3OF

aCIfhZuLLaJZcygOrpa12JnQzdZTasOD3X2YOzb4zgK8-bXmCPLBIzranTmi19CUFExt4okkXLNXTv73LzAHnz0Z1h6G1mueEa_r

Back