• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Maryland 15G Spike BIAB Setup Good to Go!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WBCo

Basement Brewmaster
Reaction score
I have recently upgraded my brewing equipment after buying a conical fermentor. I went with a CF10 due to the small difference in price to the CF5. I basically purchased everything you see here in a larger size. All of this equipment is very well taken of and has been used for 25-30 brews, except for the chiller. That has less than 5 brews on it. I had this kettle made specifically to be used either with an electric element or with a propane burner. I have personally used it both ways. I will be including a TC blank off plate, gasket, and clamp with the kettle so it can be used solely with a propane burner. Also, the included Spike diptube is brand new. I bought 2 and never used the one that will be included with this kettle.

INCLUDED:
- 15G Spike Brewing custom kettle
- TC blank off plate and all associated hardware
- Spike Brewing 3 piece valve
- Spike Brewing dip tube
- Arbor Fab Stainless Brew Basket custom made for this kettle
- Brewhardware Spincycle (Installed)
- 50' 1/2" Stainless Chiller by StainlessBrewing

This setup cost a little more than I care to calculate at this point in time, but I need to recoup a couple bucks to keep SWMBO happy with my new purchases. I'm asking $500 plus whatever the actual shipping is to your location. I saved the box from Spike Brewing so it will be shipped safely. I will be able to have the goods to UPS within a business day or two of payment and will promptly provide a tracking number.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_3389.jpg
    IMG_3389.jpg
    339.1 KB · Views: 690
  • IMG_3422.jpg
    IMG_3422.jpg
    640.9 KB · Views: 715
  • IMG_3424.jpg
    IMG_3424.jpg
    622.4 KB · Views: 718
  • IMG_3425.jpg
    IMG_3425.jpg
    519.9 KB · Views: 721
  • IMG_3426.jpg
    IMG_3426.jpg
    265.6 KB · Views: 711
  • IMG_3427.jpg
    IMG_3427.jpg
    618.1 KB · Views: 718
Where in MD? Any basket or brew day photos? I’m probably missing it, but where did you put the temp probe?

Shipping to 57703?

I will PM you today with a shipping quote!

Where in MD? Any basket or brew day photos? I’m probably missing it, but where did you put the temp probe?

I am in southern Harford County. I live very close to Ale Craft in Bel Air if you have ever been there.

Yes, I do have basket photos which I will upload shortly.

For a temp probe, I used a small 1/2" NPT threaded RTD temp probe from Auber in a T fitting. I still have the temp probe and have no problem including it with the rest of the equipment for no additional charge.

Pics of the basket and temp probe. Unfortunately I don't seem to have any brew photos. Lately I brew by myself a lot so I don't chronicle a lot of it other than temp, gravity, and pH measurements.

Attachments

• IMG_0237.JPG
    IMG_0237.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 356
  • IMG_0235.JPG
    IMG_0235.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 366
BUMP! Make an offer if interested. I'd like to see this go to a good home.

Also willing to sell chiller by itself, or the kettle without the grain basket for anyone looking to just use it as a boil kettle.

BUMP! Make an offer if interested. I'd like to see this go to a good home.

Also willing to sell chiller by itself, or the kettle without the grain basket for anyone looking to just use it as a boil kettle.
Would you consider selling the basket separately? Curious about the dimensions, to see if it would fit in my mash tun.

Sorry to those who have tried to contact me. I usually receive email notifications when I get alerts here, but I didn't this time. All PM's replied to and I will check back here daily from now on!

Back