Swmbo

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Go Gators

Reaction score
How many people have successfully "taken a break" and actually worked it out? Even stayed friends? :confused: I am not exactly going through a good time with with her, and it is the whole take a break thing. This is the first time I have gone through this while living with her. :( Well I am sure I will be going out and having way too much to drink tonight. I don't handle this **** well.

Actually we went through a break in college and it worked out pretty well, meaning that I gave in. Just talk it out and you should be fine.

Actually we went through a break in college and it worked out pretty well, meaning that I gave in. Just talk it out and you should be fine.

Sounds a lot like what I am dealing with currently. We talked today and it doesn't really seem like she wanted to make too much of an effort. I know I couldn't have made much different of an impression...I am just so damn stubborn.

Dont worry bro- If it dont work out, Something better will turn up eventually.

Then there is always the good ole standby. Coke and whores.

I'm having flashbacks to Ross screaming "WE WERE ON A BREAK!" :D

Sorry I can't be of any help. The only break I took was when I couldn't take it anymore and finally divorced the spawn of satan himself.

YEAH, usually the whores have coke on em anyway... SWEET!

On a more serious note... there are plenty if fish in the sea with nice butts and tatas, I know that it is hard to see that now, but there are. I kept getting let down and then I met my wife and she has the nicest rump I have ever squeezed... so, it all works out man.

So, you are married and going to take a break? That does not bode well.

My marriage has been pretty tough at times but I think "taking a break" would be a pretty bad signal. Sorry man, hope it works out for you. Relationships that last usually take work.

When my wife and I got married, we immediately ran into troubles. We tried and tried to work it out and couldn't. We finally agreed to separate. So we looked at finances and whatnot and set a separation date a couple months in the future and quit trying.

Time went by and we realized that we missed our separation date. It was like once we stopped trying and stopped worrying about them, the problems solved themselves. We've been happy ever since. 13 years in September.

I have never in my life heard of a couple "taking a break" that didn't turn into a breakup. Unfortunately I am on that same path. My wife and I are taking that break, (her desire, not mine) and I am quite sure that after 20+ years (17 yrs married) we are done. Yeah, my life sucks. And drinking doesn't help any- all it does is give me a hangover.

[looking around and kinda glad I'm single]

well, sorta - but like they all say; relationships take work on both sides. best of luck to you...

We took a break. Ended up selling her for beer. It's sad really, not that she's gone, but the beer is though! Now I have to go back to brewing.

Thanks for all the advice guys. No we are not married, just living in sin :drunk:. lol, ya I am just going to see how things play out. It is already obvious we don't want to let each other go.

Back