SWMBO being COMPLETELY unreasonable

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with this comment, next time just keep your secret treasures a secret. On a shelf in the guest room, no... under the bed in the guest room, in a secret locked box... yes.

And lovingly refer to it as 'my precious...'

And lovingly refer to it as 'my precious...'

Oh wait, yeah, probably not a good idea... has anyone already suggested just throwing your bones in an ant bed next time... outside!! Then you can collect them in the secret box, once they are all cleaned up for ya.

i used to have a farm of ants for my bone cleaning. id put an old aquarium over the ant farm (by ant farm i mean a boat load of ants in the woods) with the skulls and bones of animals...they would be nice and cleaned up with in a week.

Ahh, yes, there you go.... but how would she feel if she found the ant farm? Surely you can find a pile of ants somewhere outside...

You might want to check with Airborneguy but wouldn't a storage locker with bones bleaching in it raise some red flags in NYC?

Maybe not as much as him making liver sausages with his pastry chef friend. :eek:

You could always tell the wife that you'll make less of those if she lets you have the bones. :D

You could always tell the wife that you'll make less of those if she lets you have the bones. :D

I think she should have let you keep the bones, but take them outside somewhere, an ant pile would be great.

No, because you are in serious need... I lived in FL for about 12 years, so I know all about fire ants. Nasty buggers. They should be cooked with a flame thrower, or worse.

Or be made to explode? Wouldn't that be better? And so much more fun?

Or be made to explode? Wouldn't that be better? And so much more fun?

It's too fast for them... :eek: They deserve to burn more than they make you burn with their bites. I've known people to saturate the ground with flammable liquids, so that the entire colony will be cooked, then step back and toss a match. Of course, you need to get the entire colony, which can be tricky due to them often having more than one mound. Damned fire ants... Worse than the damned Mongolians at my schitty wall...

It's too fast for them... :eek: They deserve to burn more than they make you burn with their bites. I've known people to saturate the ground with flammable liquids, so that the entire colony will be cooked, then step back and toss a match. Of course, you need to get the entire colony, which can be tricky due to them often having more than one mound. Damned fire ants... Worse than the damned Mongolians at my schitty wall...

And that's why I like to watch them explode using grits and water.... but yeah, when I get a chance, I burn 'em too. Damn fire ants, once you get bit, you know how they got their name....

Do you not remember how the bite feels??? Even after leaving FL 15 years ago, I remember...

When I was a kid in south AR I was playing in a field with a water gun, running I tripped over a mound about 2.5 ft tall of fire ants, I was barefoot and had no shoes on. My parents decided to give me Benadryl and not take me to the ER. The VERY next day I did the SAME thing only it was another mound. I swear I'm immuned to those bastards now. If I see so much as one fire ant in my yard now I go to Ace and buy enough chemicals to spray so that when birds fly over they drop dead!!

What happened to the bone we used to be talking about? It's in the landfill? Crap.

When I was a kid in south AR I was playing in a field with a water gun, running I tripped over a mound about 2.5 ft tall of fire ants, I was barefoot and had no shoes on. My parents decided to give me Benadryl and not take me to the ER. The VERY next day I did the SAME thing only it was another mound. I swear I'm immuned to those bastards now. If I see so much as one fire ant in my yard now I go to Ace and buy enough chemicals to spray so that when birds fly over they drop dead!!

Now that's "fighting fair"... :D As long as the birds are pigeon's (or seagulls), we're good. :D

I've heard falcon's around here. Saw one flying really low after moving in too (about a month after moving in, getting my gear setup outside to brew a batch). LOVE being in a more rural setting. :D

It was 30 years ago when I was in South Carolina for basic training that I discovered fire ants.
Death by grits, death by fire, It's all good as long as the fire ants are gone.
After 30 years I remember how much I hated those things.

It was 30 years ago when I was in South Carolina for basic training that I discovered fire ants.
Death by grits, death by fire, It's all good as long as the fire ants are gone.
After 30 years I remember how much I hated those things.

I like both death by grits and death by fire, whichever is more convenient... More than one way to skin a cat... ya know, if you are in the mood to kill something so much smaller than you are.... but, it's gotta go....

I like both death by grits and death by fire, whichever is more convenient... More than one way to skin a cat... ya know, if you are in the mood to kill something so much smaller than you are.... but, it's gotta go....

Why is it that the thought comes to mind that there are no stray cats within miles of you?? :eek:

duders, the most important thing in your worthless lives is keeping your SWMBO happy. she probably does more for you than you realize. you should go rub her feet right now. and apologize for being a *******. do it. do it now.

duders, the most important thing in your worthless lives is keeping your SWMBO happy. she probably does more for you than you realize. you should go rub her feet right now. and apologize for being a *******. do it. do it now.

Well there went my beer buzz.

And the one I once had ran away?

It saw what you did to the others, so ran for it's life. :eek:

Ahh, at least one reason I'm glad to be single. :D IF I wanted to have a vat of bones bleaching, I could put it wherever I damned well please. :D Not that I would mind you since the smell would probably get to me after a while. Or I'd get funny looks from the neighbors as I rinsed them off outside. :eek:

See officer, it's a pork bone... Really, it is... Just ask the butcher I got it from. What? Why? :eek:

Instead of bleach or ants, what about an oxygenator(maybe wrong word)? It's that thing that gets your rust off the pans, you know, your cast iron? I bet that would clean your bones real nice. Just drop 'em in, 2 days later, they come out clean.

This reality is for the weak minded masses/fools. :rockin: You're all just the playthings of extra-dimensional beings. :D :drunk:

pssssshhh. brofish, I lived the life without my SWMBO. she's sleeping, but I should be giving her a shoulder rub for putting up with my watter headed ashles. behind every great brewer is the right person, pushing their envelope.

pssssshhh. brofish, I lived the life without my SWMBO. she's sleeping, but I should be giving her a shoulder rub for putting up with my watter headed ashles. behind every great brewer is the right person, pushing their envelope.

Wow, I saw the whip on that one. Usually you just hear it. :eek: :D

As I've said, I'm single so no OWMBO in my life. :rockin::rockin:

Back