SWMBO being COMPLETELY unreasonable

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Golddiggie said:
Wow, I saw the whip on that one. Usually you just hear it. :eek: :D

As I've said, I'm single so no OWMBO in my life. :rockin::rockin:

I'm single too but I guess my swmbo's would be my daughter and my mother.

Okay, hubby just told me that the machine doesn't make oxygen, it makes hydrogen, using oxygen, He said the more appropriate word for it is electrolysis machine, now I am so confused.... But why don't you use that to clean your bones?

BobbiLynn said:
Okay, hubby just told me that machine does make oxygen, it makes hydrogen, using oxygen, He said the more appropriate word for it is electrolysis machine, now I am so confused....

I think I might actually know what your talking about

BobbiLynn said:
Okay, hubby just told me that machine does make oxygen, it makes hydrogen, using oxygen, He said the more appropriate word for it is electrolysis machine, now I am so confused....

Wait is your perfect machine thing consuming other threads?

I thought we were still talking about how to get the meat off the bones, you know, to make a Halloween decoration and scare the little children? They will think it's awesome!

I thought we were still talking about how to get the meat off the bones, you know, to make a Halloween decoration and scare the little children? They will think it's awesome!

all right then. you shall pass.

Reading BobbiLynn's posts is like watching a train wreck in ultra-slow motion. You know you shouldn't, but you just can't help it. You're just waiting to see how it ends. Either with a bunch of twisted up metal or a huge explosion. :eek: :D

b-boy said:
I get moved every time we remodel. Used to be upstairs. Then I got kicked to the basement. I feel myself being slowly pushed toward the garage. Pretty soon I'll be watching football in a 5x5 storage shed. Hmm.. How big of a flat screen do you think I could get in there?

Ouch - when the SWMBO moved in I let her take over my office to keep her shoes in. Lost the best view in the house and it stung like hell, but I've been able to keep the rest of the man rooms.

Then again, I haven't tried anything with bones in the house (other than beef stock). I found enough of them in the crawl space when I was putting in footings for a new post. Nothing like finding random bones when you're trapped under the basement floor.

And creamy - no man room should have a guest bed in it. You gotta get that thing out of there!

Ouch - when the SWMBO moved in I let her take over my office to keep her shoes in. Lost the best view in the house and it stung like hell, but I've been able to keep the rest of the man rooms.

Then again, I haven't tried anything with bones in the house (other than beef stock). I found enough of them in the crawl space when I was putting in footings for a new post. Nothing like finding random bones when you're trapped under the basement floor.

And creamy - no man room should have a guest bed in it. You gotta get that thing out of there!

Or make it man-room worthy. :D

BTW, brewguyver, she needed your entire office for her SHOES??? WTF?? If it's anything like the size of my office, she should open up a shoe store. :eek: Shoes that are worn less than once a month get tossed/sold at a yard sale. Unless they have benefits to YOU that is. :D

Reading BobbiLynn's posts is like watching a train wreck in ultra-slow motion. You know you shouldn't, but you just can't help it. You're just waiting to see how it ends. Either with a bunch of twisted up metal or a huge explosion. :eek: :D

For me its like watching the spanish channel soap operas. Sometimes i get a slight hint at what i think is going on, but for the most part i am totally lost.

For me its like watching the spanish channel soap operas. Sometimes i get a slight hint at what i think is going on, but for the most part i am totally lost.

Or like trying to watch the scrambled channels growing up... :D You get glimpses every now and then that you might be able to make out, but not much and not for long. The rest is just garbage. :eek:

Or like trying to watch the scrambled channels growing up... :D You get glimpses every now and then that you might be able to make out, but not much and not for long. The rest is just garbage. :eek:

Is someone trash talking me and I don't even realize it? Hmmm... okay,,, go on with your bad selves.... Spanish channel? Hmmm.... So I don't make sense most of the time? Hmmmmm... I'll think about that too, but try not to overthink....

Hmmmmm... I'll think about that too..

While you think about that.....

Think about this.... ;)

samichesdv7.jpg

Is someone trash talking me and I don't even realize it? Hmmm... okay,,, go on with your bad selves.... Spanish channel? Hmmm.... So I don't make sense most of the time? Hmmmmm... I'll think about that too, but try not to overthink....

From the way things seem, that doesn't take too much effort. :eek: :D

I'm single too but I guess my swmbo's would be my daughter and my mother.

Yep, the only female with a say in my life is 40 years younger than me.
My daughter does run the house...... BUT, she is being trained to be a good women when she grows up.
She had her hands on a dead deer at about six months old, by four years old she was wanting to touch the heart, liver, lungs and eye on a dead deer.
She won't be a woman who makes a big deal about bleaching a bone!

She thinks dragging home rusty gold in the form of old cars, shooting something to eat and farting are normal!

Any other woman wants to step foot in here, she's going to have to accept that and understand when I want to spend a few hundred for more beer equipment, buy a new gun, rebuild another car or have a few guys over to empty a keg.

If she doesn't like that, she's not welcome.

45_70sharps said:
Yep, the only female with a say in my life is 40 years younger than me.
My daughter does run the house...... BUT, she is being trained to be a good women when she grows up.
She had her hands on a dead deer at about six months old, by four years old she was wanting to touch the heart, liver, lungs and eye on a dead deer.
She won't be a woman who makes a big deal about bleaching a bone!

She thinks dragging home rusty gold in the form of old cars, shooting something to eat and farting are normal!

Any other woman wants to step foot in here, she's going to have to accept that and understand when I want to spend a few hundred for more beer equipment, buy a new gun, rebuild another car or have a few guys over to empty a keg.

If she doesn't like that, she's not welcome.

My daughter hasn't gone hunting yet but other than that they sound pretty alike.

I am SOOO making SWMBO read this........so she sees how good she has it! :)

Great idea! My *Rudies* is hidden in the concrete basement and she has a hard time dealing with power tools and occasional dust.

Just the way one man and one woman could possibly be able to understand each other, all the time, is beyond me. Maybe you can get along most of the time, but all the time? No, won't happen. Life with the opposite sex is about compromise. If you got that, hang onto to it, a precious thing. Would you try to dig a ditch without the proper tool?

I think I might actually know what your talking about

Yes, the thing that gets my pans clean, cleans whatever else too. Maybe if you guys could build something respectable, something your wife has respect for, then you can soak all the bones you want and she won't complain.... don't use her bleach and tupperware.

I like scary Halloween stuff too... it's fun! Ha, ha scaring the little children who dare to come around...

IMHO, your first mistake is referring to her as "SWMBO" :smack:......maybe you should just obey then.

:mug:

The first time I looked up what SWMBO stood for, my initial thought was you must be kidding.

At work you're supposed to do as you're told, but even there due to the nature of my work, I get damn little directions like that and I always do things my way in the end because there is more liability on me then the company for my decisions.

The last time I was in a situation that somebody had to be obeyed was when I was wearing a uniform.

maxamuus said:
While you think about that.....

Think about this.... ;)

Omg I just lost it! Actually started to tear from laughing so hard.

The train wreck in super slow motion. Omg thanks for the laugh guys.

I hope to see you on hoarders one day with rooms full of animal bones and cats!!

Oh, and she is completely out of her mind but I thought they're all that way.

Golddiggie said:
Or make it man-room worthy. :D

BTW, brewguyver, she needed your entire office for her SHOES??? WTF?? If it's anything like the size of my office, she should open up a shoe store. :eek: Shoes that are worn less than once a month get tossed/sold at a yard sale. Unless they have benefits to YOU that is. :D

Normally I'd agree, but they act like shiny objects shown to someone w/ADHD - wave a nice pair of 4" heels and she forgets I'm on the 17th hour of a "this will only take 5 hours I swear" brew day. They don't need to be new shoes either - she has enough that I can just wave any flashy pair and it works :ban:. The only gotcha is when I do something really stupid - that takes at least a 3 minute contact time.

jerrodm said:
Wow, that is hysterical. Creamy, your house must be a laff riot a minute.

Actually, you sound a little like my dad. I can't tell you how many times I came home as a kid to find some random animal skull, bone, etc. on the counter. When I was ten, it was the best thing in the world. One time, he even found a dead falcon by the side of the road (hit by a car) and brought it home in a plastic bag. We thought it was so awesome! My mom did not.

My mom also wasn't amused when I used the bathtub to revive a catfish I caught when I was 12. I can still hear the screams in my head to this day.

Oh, and she is completely out of her mind but I thought they're all that way.[/QUOTE]

spot on.....agreed..........thank God for the beer I have in my hand......well....

after I get done typin this anyway..........

I actally had my wife say "I cant believe all you do is read" (the brewing things of course" still in court of law "judge she woudn't let me read" "she threatened to burn my books"

I actally had my wife say "I cant believe all you do is read" (the brewing things of course" still in court of law "judge she woudn't let me read" "she threatened to burn my books"

If you tell him it was all in the interest of brewing better beer, he'll probably side with you. Especially if you provide samples to show what you were able to accomplish with the knowledge gained. :D Of course, you might need more than one keg for repeated 'sampling of evidence'... :D

This thread truly hurts my head. It must have been inspried by a BobbiLynn thread.

The gal is really my pal but she makes me want to go nuts .. with a cow?

Doesn't matter have fun with her. She can take an answer and make you perfectly unclear.

So BobbiLyn, while you make us all grin. Life on HBT with out you would make our hearts thin.

Bad rhyming that's what I do. BobbiLynn this is for you.

This isn't even a BobbiLynn thread.. is it?

Right now I don't quite care .. she'll see this somewhere

Back