Switchback Ale Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HarboBrew

Reaction score
Attempting a Switchback Ale clone after harvesting their house strain yeast from two bottles. Any thoughts or ideas? My current recipe for a 5.5 gallon batch BIAB:-

7# Maris Otter
2# Munich
1# Flaked Wheat
1# Crystal 40
3oz Black Malt

60 min mash @ 153

-60min ½oz Simcoe
-20min ⅓oz Willamette
-5min ½oz Saaz
½oz Vanguard
-0min. ½oz Saaz
½oz Vanguard

Yeah I read that issue. I'd like to brew both and do a side by side with them and the original. I created my recipe with knowledge of Switchback using 5 different malts plus saaz, vanguard and simcoe, also using their house yeast strain. I tweaked the amounts to match the OG, IBUs and SRM of the original. Will post the results. Cheers! Worse that happens is I have plenty of beer to drink.

Yeah I read that issue. I'd like to brew both and do a side by side with them and the original. I created my recipe with knowledge of Switchback using 5 different malts plus saaz, vanguard and simcoe, also using their house yeast strain. I tweaked the amounts to match the OG, IBUs and SRM of the original. Will post the results. Cheers! Worse that happens is I have plenty of beer to drink.

How did your clone of Switchback turn out?

Back