Sweetwater and 21st Amendment coming to Chiacago

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweetwater (IIRC) is the largest craft brewer in Georgia. Or it might be Terrapin... Either way, it's great news!

They have some really good stuff. Their 420 Extra Pale Ale is great. They also have a brown (Georgia Brown) that is one of the best Brown Ales I've tried. All of their stuff is easy drinking come to think of it. SWMBO used to drink the hell out of the Sweetwater Blue (Blueberry flavored ale).

I've toured their brewery in Atlanta and had an awesome time. If I need bottles, this is usually my go-to craft brewer. Although the article indicated that only 6packs would be bottled.

You mean there is a beer Chicago didn't get? Wow.
I'd try Sweetwater just for kicks. Spinner Bait is pretty good and I still enjoy their IPA. I usually drink their stuff in the summer when I'm tailgating or something.

21st is great. Fireside Chat (seasonal), Sneak Attack, Brew Free or Die IPA, the He Said (ones a porter one is a tripel, and then Hop Crisis was great.

I think 21st has one of the best overall lineups in the country. The Back in Black IPA is excellent, and I love the cans. The watermelon is the only one I'm not a fan of, but folks love it. Get the Monk's Blood if you can find a can/draft.

Sweetwater 420 is among my top 10. Malty, sweet, plenty of hops, and not too high on the alcohol. They've started experimenting with some interesting seasonals and limited releases, too.

Thanks for the info, I'll be sure to check some of them out.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I love 21A's "Brew Free or Die" and "Back in Black", don't care much for "Hell or High". "Bitter American" was my favorite of theirs, so I have high hopes for "Down to Earth".

Check the dates on the sweetwater IPA. It really diminishes the last month of its best buy. When fresh, it's one of my favorites.

Sweetwater now includes "Hop Hash" as part of their regular lineup. It is an INCREDIBLE DIPA and flys off the shelves quickly in the south. If it shows up in Chitown and you like DIPAs, check it out. It's awesome.

Back