Swap-O-Rama #6, New Year New Brews!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you buy your beer in MD or PA? I'm right on the line as I see you are. I drive by Pub Dogs production brewery 2-3 times a week. Can't believe anyone on Hbt has even heard of them. :mug:

I shop in both. I feel lucky, we've got pretty decent distribution. The only issue is, when people look at seekabrew, it looks like there it's so much more available in PA than there actually is. Philly gets so much that the rest of the state never even gets a whiff of.

My main bottle shop is in Hagerstown. It's called the wooden keg and it's a hidden gem for sure.

I've never visited pub dog, I wouldn't mind it though. Their stuff is getting better, I think.

I think I can get someone there. Ahhh!!

I'm on the highway to a housewarming party. Hopefully they can grab it. I'll let you know and if not, looks like I'll be along a detour!

All good! Inside the house now. I'll post up pics as soon as I get back to open it. Thanks on advance!

No worries. I had no idea where it was coming from or when. Appreciate the heads up. Would have been awful to come home and find it all frozen.

Got my big ole Box O' Beer from SavoryChef! Can't thank you enough man! I've had the Knee Deep Hoptologist and Simtra, but they were both fantastic, and I'm happy to have them again. I'm pretty excited to try another offering from them (Tanilla). Everything else is uncharted territory for me. I can't wait to try everything. I'm most excited about the two that have pepper additions.

In addition to cool beers, he hooked me up with some local bbq sauce. I was equally happy to see that!

Thanks again! Cheers!

1390703981053.jpg

1390704005272.jpg

1390704034590.jpg

Tanilla is so freaking good. Chef and I have trades in the a past and he has sent me a whole case of it. Crazy delicious!

Local? He makes he stuff himself. And its awesome. My daughter and I tore through his bottle of bbq sauce in record time.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1390760939.422361.jpg
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1390761805.232117.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1390761848.188200.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1390761873.170638.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1390761906.252012.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1390761925.336994.jpg

Holy crap. First of all, almost broke my back lifting the box up. Did not think it would be that heavy!

Took me 20 min to just unpack everything. This box was stuffed!

Captain Lawrence
-IPA
-pale
-kolsch
- American tripel

Hudson valley
-hurricane kitty

Keegan ales
-mothers milk
-joe mamas milk

Long Ireland
-breakfast stout
-Celtic ale
-pale
-saison
-esb
-imperial stout

South Hampton
-abbot 12
- saison
-burton ipa
-Keller pils

Great South Bay
- massive ipa x2
-blood orange pale x2
- hopsy dazy ipa x2

Blue point
- hoptical illusion

And three homebrews!
A coffee stout, an English bitter, and one I am not sure of!

Oh man. This box was massive. I have no idea where to even begin. Thanks so much dude!

40lbs shipping out tomorrow, heading to the land of The Prairie Home Companion.

And yes, the box is supposed to making that noise.

Piqued my interest. Lol

Just a noisemaker I put in all my shipments. A can with a marble in it, laying sideways. The slightest movement makes the marble clank around, thereby covering up any liquid sloshy noises.

The last guy that got my box thought there was broken stuff inside.

Awesome box!!! With ridiculous packaging, that actually caused a casualty by being overpacked... More on that later.

Here's the list!

Heady Topper
NEBCO - Gandhi Bot
DC Brau - On the Wings of Armageddon
Pub Dog - Rabid Hop
Pub Dog - Fubark
DuClaw - Misery
DuClaw - Retribution
Weyerbacher - Insanity
Ithaca - Flower Power

-Tröegs-
Pale Ale
Java Head
Mad Elf
Hop Back
Perpetual IPA
Dream Weaver
Tröegenatör
Nugget Nectar

Anyway, this was a great haul with some epic beers from top notch east coast breweries!!! Thanks G-Love!!

I got into a few of these this weekend and enjoyed everything! I had the Heady which is always a treat, think it was only my 5th one since I visited the pub many years ago. I had the Hopback, Pale, Ale, and Perpetual from Troegs which were all very solid! I wish I had regular access to their stuff! I had tried the Perpetual over the summer and thought it tasted better yesterday (must've been fresher). I also did the Flower Power yesterday and really wish that had distro here! Then late last night I split the Rabid Hop with a buddy and we both enjoyed that one. Wasn't as much of an Imperial as I am used to but was a solid beer nonetheless. He was kind enough to split a 2012 Black Ops with me that he had scored from our local bottle shop. It all made for a pretty great night!

Dr. Phunk - I'm really glad you're enjoying what I sent. I'm always nervous that people won't like what they get. Your box was pretty hop heavy too. I hope it wasn't overboard.

Flower power is soooo good. I'm surprised more people don't ask for it outside of the NY area.

Agree. Flower Power is an often overlooked beer. It's one of my faves.

Dr. Phunk - I'm really glad you're enjoying what I sent. I'm always nervous that people won't like what they get. Your box was pretty hop heavy too. I hope it wasn't overboard.

Agree. Flower Power is an often overlooked beer. It's one of my faves.

I love the hops! It was perfect!

My package is going out today to the east coast. Been packed up since last week... again, sorry for the delay, but I think with how the weather has been, it was the best decision. Cold as balls here today, but where it's being sent to actually has double digits all week.

Mine's also going out to the east coast today. Hopefully it'll land late this week in above freezing temps, ready to drink out the box.

31 pounds headed out to the Empire State today.

It's been back in the below zero temps out here, and I didn't want to chance it sitting in a trailer over the weekend. Hopefully the recipient finds it to be worth the wait!

Back