Suppose I should tell you guys...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_bird

10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Thanksgiving.

We've got a turducken in the oven.

the_Bean is thrilled. She REALLY, REALLY wants to be a big sister.

Think I can get away with using "Papazian" as a middle name?

Congratulations! That is wonderful news! Good work big guy!

I can't help using all those exclamation marks because this is the nicest thing I've heard all day.

She'll be almost five. A big longer that we had hoped for, but... well, you know.

For some reason I'm a lot more nervous about this one. Like, I think Bean's a good kid - so I really don't want to screw this one up! Bean's very much like my wife; I'm terrified that the_Turducken will be just like me, whiny and needful... :D

She'll be almost five. A big longer that we had hoped for, but... well, you know.

For some reason I'm a lot more nervous about this one. Like, I think Bean's a good kid - so I really don't want to screw this one up! Bean's very much like my wife; I'm terrified that the_Turducken will be just like me, whiny and needful... :D

If YOU'RE nervous about getting one like you, imagine how your wife feels!

I was the same way- I had the perfect little girl so I thought I'd mess up with the second one. Well, he turned out to be a bit more difficult as a toddler, but much easier as a teenager- so it balanced out just fine.
This is exciting for all of you! I"m really happy for you.

Congrats! - :mug:

You're at least going make a baby beer to pass out to your local HB friends, right? Whatcha gonna make? - Hmmm..... January Baby?

I made an Irish Red for my son.

Super congratulations.

However the SWMBO I both find odd that you call your daughter the Bean. We have been calling ours that since she was born.

Weird....

So, if you have a turducken in the oven, which comes first? Does the turkey give birth to the duck, which in turn births the chicken? Or perhaps the duck gives birth to the chicken, then the turkey has the duck. Wait, don't birds come from eggs, anyway?

I'm confused, but congrats.

A sonogram of the upcoming bundle of joy!

66947020_c3a20eb96a.jpg

Congrats Jay! My second was due around Thanksgiving as well. Around here, that's deer hunting time, so I was pretty panicky. But he was very accomodating and arrived early- so I could go hunting. And now he goes with me.

Now i have to ask. If I had not deleted it myself, would YOU have deleted it? :eek:

Yeah. Definitely not appropriate for "general chit chat". Surprisingly, you showed good judgement on that one. LG, are you feeling ok? ;)

Jay, when will you guys find out if it's a girl or a boy? Does your daughter have some names picked out?

Jay, when will you guys find out if it's a girl or a boy? Does your daughter have some names picked out?

I can't remember when we find out. Five months, maybe, so still a couple months down the road. We *never* found out with Bean until she was born, she wouldn't let us see!

"Penelope Jane" if it's a girl. She'll be PJ or "Penny Jane". Cassie's down with that.

For a boy, we're a little undecided. We had decided on "Quentin James," which was my idea originally but I'm not 100% on it. I've also had "Oliver" rolling around in my head, it's a family name (my old man and my grandfather), and it's supposedly coming back a little into fashion but isn't overdone.

Penny Jane is a very nice name! Paul McCartney almost wrote a song about her!....Really though, that's nice, sounds very light and kinda summerish. :)

Latest posts

Back