Supermoss remains in the kettle and plate chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todes

Reaction score
Hello, I usually brew 2 times on the sameday, I upgraded my equipment recently and yesterday I had some issue with the Supermoss, everything was Ok on the first brew. But I started to notice something when I was on the second boil... I noticed that when I added the first hops they seem to be like formin when you put the Supermoss, because usually as soon as I add the supermoss they start to get over and be seen... Anyway, I started seeing them at the first add and keep on seen them everytime it seemed weird but I kept the schedule. Then 10 mins before flameout I added .5 tsp of Supermoss (I do 10 gal batch I tought that was the right amount). I then begin to chill but when I tasted my sample it tasted weird, it gave me a soapy taste. When I wa running water through the Plate chiller It came out soapy, the water starts coming out soapy, then just looks cleans, I cut the water and when It starts running again, at the beginning it starts soapy. It goes like this everytime. I think it is the supermoss, I just rinsed the kettle after the first brew. What do you think could have been wrong. Also, the water keeps coming out soapy from the chiller. Do you think I should wash it with Oxyclean? Or what can I do?

Back