Super-simple Smokey Shrimp Pasta

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WSB-MBC

Reaction score
Kinda of whipped up this recipe recently and it's now on constant-rotation with the family.

What you need:
  • 1lb Shrimp (16-20s or whichever you prefer) peeled and deveined, tails off
  • Pasta of your choice
  • Bacon - about 4 strips regular, 3 if thick-cut
  • 2 cloves fresh garlic - minced or thinly sliced
  • EVOO about 2 TBs
  • 1/4 stick butter
  • juice of 1/2 lemon (avoid that bottled stuff)
  • 1/4 C. Grated Parm. or Romano cheese
  • Crushed Red Pepper flakes - 1/2 to 1 tsp
  • 1/2 tsp Garlic Salt
  • 1/2 tsp Onion Salt
  • 1/2 tsp Black Pepper

What you do:
  • prep the bacon - you'll want it crumbled so cook-then-crush or dice-and-fry
  • Preheat oven to 425
  • Get a large pot of water going to cook the pasta
  • Cover the bottom of a baking dish with the EVOO
  • Add shrimp, garlic, spices, lemon juice and cheese to the dish. Mix to coat well
  • Top the shrimp-mix with thin slices of the butter, so it melts on top during cooking
  • Dish goes into oven - cook 8 minutes
  • Add pasta to boiling water and cook according to directions on package
  • Give the shrimp a stir and cook for another 8 minutes

Once pasta is drained and shrimp is out of the oven and done (pink and curled), I add everything back to the boil pot, ADD THE BACON, and mix.

Serve and be happy

That sounds great! I don't eat pasta, but I would like it just fine on its own I'm sure- like a shrimp scampi in a way.

I'm going to try this soon.

I made this last night and it was great! Very tasty, very quick and very easy.

My little trick was that I cooked the bacon on the stove in an oven-safe iron skillet. Once it was ready, I removed it to a plate and then deglazed the pan with a couple ounces of whatever beer I was drinking, and then tossed in the shrimp, garlic, etc., and into the oven it went. Will definitely make this again!

Made this again saturday. I added some capers, green onion, and fresh parsley to add some green to it, but other than that followed the original recipe. It made the dish a little less "simple", but I think it was worth the extra slight bit of effort, and SWMBO liked the additions. Looks like this dish is going into our regular rotation.

I'm eating the leftovers for lunch. Still awesome.

Latest posts

Back