Super easy way to rack from SS Brewtech Brew Bucket to Keg using CO2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr_McGibblets

Reaction score
For the past couple of years, I've racked my fermented beer from my SS BrewTech Brew Bucket into my CO2-purged keg simply by letting gravity do the work. I normally remove the stopper from the top of the fermenter, which, of course, draws in oxygen as the liquid drains into the keg. So I decided to change over to using light pressure from my CO2 tank instead.

I thought about different ways of tackling this. What I ended up doing was use my existing homemade "male ball-lock to cobra tap" adapter that I made last year for purging wine bottles and growlers with CO2. I simply placed a foam stopper on the end of the cobra tap, set my CO2 tank to 1-2 PSI, purged air out of the line, inserted it into the Brew Bucket, and away I went. (I also purged air out of the silicone hose before attaching it to the brew bucket and dropping the other end into the keg.)

Some pics are attached as well as a video showing the final result. Since I've gotten some many tips and solutions from other on here, I thought I'd return the favor. Enjoy!

20180502_090734.jpg

20180502_091638.jpg

20180502_091644.jpg

20180502_090723.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back