Super BREW Sunday

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surferdrew

Reaction score
Anybody planning on brewing during the Super Bowl?

If so, what are you making?

Since I'm a San Diego Chargers fan, we'll be trying a shot at a Stone Levitation Ale.

:mug:

If I rack to secondary my irish stout then it's clone of sw 420 for me.....Super Brew Sunday Sounds good.

yup yup! loading up all the bits and heading to my pops place to brew up a batch with him... going to make ribs and brew some tasty tasty beer...

Not sure what yet, gotta finger it out and hit the LHBS tomorrow...

Always a good day hangin with the old man... me thinks a cab ride home is gunna be required.

Think the cabbie will mind 5 gallons in a glass carboy? lol

3 reasons for a great Super BREW Sunday!

1. Brewed a Stone Levitation Clone (or at least a distant cousin) before the game
2. Bottled an IPA at halftime
3. Got all my friends involved in the process

How'd everybody else's go?

Saints won, I drank a bunch of home brew nut brown ale..................

Pretty good day might I say....

Stunning Sunday. Not much of an (American) football fan, but had the game on the whole time while I brewed a Kölsch recipe of my own concoction. Went brilliantly, made a great tasting and clear wort, hit my highest efficiency yet (80%), and my new niece was born mid-boil. Oh, and the underdog Saints won, so I was happy enough. Fantastic day!

Stunning Sunday...my new niece was born mid-boil.

I love how you referenced the timing of your niece's birth in relation to where you were in the brewing process <-- "you know you're a homebrewer when..."

Congratulations on the high efficiency and the new addition to your family!

:D

You'll notice also that I mentioned my new niece only after I bragged about my efficiency! ;)

Thanks for the congrats!

You'll notice also that I mentioned my new niece only after I bragged about my efficiency! ;)

Thanks for the congrats!

Watch out the niece might be reading this post in a few years! Then again if she's reading around here she would understand;)Congrats.

Got a Hoppin HobGoblin done during game. Orfy's HobGoblin ll was accidentally tripled in the hop area. 18 oz of hops in 10 gallon. I really need to work on my conversions. I as well don't watch football. Saw about half of this one, good game.

I brewed a Tripel IPA.. according to austin homebrew, an IPA with a belgian twist.. should be interesting. A hefty 8.5%:)

Brewed an amber, bottled an APA, transferred a barleywine and whipped up some JAOM. Hollered out "WHO DAT" a hundred times or so and then sang "When the Saints Go Marching In" at the top of my lungs...a lot.
Exhausted today!!

I didnt brew anything that day, but sure did drink a lot of homebrew. Most of the 2nd half is just a blur :mug:

I built my Mash Tun, kegged a Dunkelweizen and brewed Papazian's Dithyrambic Roasted Brown Ale (it smells great).
Hopefuly my last extract. Now I need to finish my keggle.

Back