Super Bowl Snacks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smellysell

Reaction score
What's everyone making/serving? Only thing I'm set on for sure at this point is a dip made of smoked salmon, cream cheese, sri racha, and green onions and pulled pork that I'm braising in my porter and some other stuff. Looking for some more good recipes since I'm tired of all the stuff I usually make.

I'll probably make a couple lbs of turkey meatballs and fry them in home made hot wing sauce. I know it sounds strange, but the turkey is 97% fat free.

Dinner will probably be tacos.

The rest of the time, chips and salsa.

Smokin some ribs,Frying up some chicken tenders, pigs in a blanket and chips and salsa..Washing it all down with some great homebrew..

I'm a big fan of gorging myself during the Super Bowl personally so I won't go with turkey, but some meatballs do sound good...

I am pounding out some slices of fillet, wrapping them around a blend of cream cheese and minced jalapeno and wrapping that in bacon. they go on the grill until the bacon is crisp and the fillet is medium rare-medium and the filling is warmed through. and a big bowl of habanero & grilled pineapple/cilantro-garlic salsa and a boatload of chips. oh also gallons of HB on tap to wash it all down. I may get the smoker revved up and do some smoked wings in a creole butter sauce depending on time frame and if I can get a tv out in the yard while grilling/smoking. if I can get the 65" in the backyard pics will follow!

I am pounding out some slices of fillet, wrapping them around a blend of cream cheese and minced jalapeno and wrapping that in bacon. they go on the grill until the bacon is crisp and the fillet is medium rare-medium and the filling is warmed through. and a big bowl of habanero & grilled pineapple/cilantro-garlic salsa and a boatload of chips. oh also gallons of HB on tap to wash it all down. I may get the smoker revved up and do some smoked wings in a creole butter sauce depending on time frame and if I can get a tv out in the yard while grilling/smoking. if I can get the 65" in the backyard pics will follow!

what were the directions to your house again? i thiink i lost 'em.:cross:

what were the directions to your house again? i thiink i lost 'em.:cross:

OK, last time! take winchester towards hemet, right turn on florida, down a few blocks to sanderson (by the cocos) turn left, this should lead you into beaumont, take that to the I-10, take I-10 east for approx 340 miles. once into Phoenix the local directions on my little football party invitations should get you here. oh wait, I never sent those out. damn and you are sooo close! :D

I'm smoking a small (~5lb) pork shoulder. Just SWMBO and I and maybe one other guest so nothing big. It's rubbed and injected and waiting for the smoker to come up to temp.

Oh...and some coleslaw.

It's rubbed and injected and waiting for the smoker to come up to temp.

This sounds like my recipe for Hooker. :rockin:

Anyway, I'm going middle eastern for this one: pita bread, hummus bi tahini, falafel, and kebab.

SWMBO and I made up a big batch of seafood gumbo. Wifey was born in Louisiana, and I bet I am the only guy in Indiana throwing a "GO SAINTS" bowl party. She even drew a fleur de lis on the window facing the highway. (We'll probably get egged if the saints win). Anyways, here's the recipe.

Make a roux w/ a stick of butter and flour.
Stir constantly for 15 minutes or so, add chopped bell pepper, onion, and celery.
When the veggies are soft, add some garlic (OK, a lot of garlic) a couple bay leaves, okra, sage, a can of diced tomatoes, and a couple cans of chicken stock.
Let it get all warm and homogenized, toss in 1lb of shrimp, 1 lb of crawfish tails, and some andouille sausage. When the meat is cooked, it's done.

Serve over white rice.

Making overnight chili, pretzel chicken with cheese dipping sauce, pizza dip, and WINGS.

And enjoying it all with my first brews off tap on the new kegerator.

Make a roux w/ a stick of butter and flour.
Stir constantly for 15 minutes or so, add chopped bell pepper, onion, and celery.
When the veggies are soft, add some garlic (OK, a lot of garlic) a couple bay leaves, okra, sage, a can of diced tomatoes, and a couple cans of chicken stock.
Let it get all warm and homogenized, toss in 1lb of shrimp, 1 lb of crawfish tails, and some andouille sausage. When the meat is cooked, it's done.

Serve over white rice.

That sounds damn tasty!

Our hosts are making Cambodian- not sure what snacks will go with that... thinking Pizza Poppers or something classy like that.

Here try these... http://www.weirdmeat.com/2008/02/duck-heads.html

weird_likelocal10-732456.jpg

weird_likelocal5-773749.jpg

weird_likelocal4-794302.jpg

weird_likelocal3-787546.jpg

We are going to a bacon themed party and we made bacon popcorn and bacon deviled eggs. The popcorn you just cook in bacon grease and top with diced bacon, and the deviled eggs are the same my wife usually makes them with bacon and chives added.

YUM!

I am going to be making buffalo chicken dip. I usually make a ton of food for a party but its just the wife and I.

I made a spicy potato soup:
2010_02_07_potato_soup_01.jpg

Along with Japanese karepan, at SWMBO's request. Basically it's a fried bread that is filled with Japanese curry.
2010_02_07_karepan_01.jpg

2010_02_07_karepan_02.jpg

The soup is a recipe I came up with several years ago that has stood the test of time.

Back