Super Bowl Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skrazybrews

Reaction score
So, with the big game coming up this weekend, what is everyone serving?

Did you brew up something special? Plan to pull out something you had on tap? Or just going with a commercial brew?

Since I just moved in and haven't even unpacked my equipment it'll be commercial for me, though I'm not sure what it will be yet.

I did a small batch of a Surly Smoke tribute- only have a dozen bombers, 1st one on SS. The "bottler's share" was fantastic, I hope it's carbed- been about a month.

I wish I was serving Packerland Pilsner from Green Bay's Hinterland Brewery, but ... you know.

My team finished early this year in the playoffs. :mad:

I've got an ESB and two mild's on tap and have switched to the English Premier League. PROPER FOOTBALL, guv.

:rockin:

My session blonde (missed efficiency by several points, it actually came out very light and refreshing) is pouring pretty nice at the moment. If my chile cream ale gets to the heat level I want in the next couple days it should be carbed and settled in keg by Sunday. For later in the afternoon/evening I've got my dubbel and imperial porter.

Did BM's Centennial Blonde extract with an added lb of DME... that's probably going to get hit hard by the BMC crowd.

I only have 10 of my APA left, so those are in hiding.

I brewed a 4% Mild and a 5% Irish. I enjoy the Irish, the Mild is too bland for me, so i dry hopped with lemon drop hops. Haven't tried it yet. I figure my Bud drinking friends will like the Mild.

Yes, Budweiser drinkers are still my friends.

Don't watch much hand-egg anymore. I've no intentions of watching this match either.

I'll probably still drink beer and eat hot wings anyway, though. Out of solidarity, for you guys.

Something light and yellow.

Centennial Blonde (BierMuncher's recipe) and a Centennial Smash (mine) for this years party. Hopefully they'll be crowd pleasers...if not, more for me!!

Did a Kolsch with some Calypso, however the basement got a bit more chilly than normal and I had a very slow ferment, even after bringing it upstairs. Sadly not ready to watch the Pats destroy on sunday.

5 Gallon Keg: XLIX Bavarian Hesseweizen - 6%, hopefully the miller lite fans like it so there is more room in the fridge for ipa's.

BEAST MODE Saison

Skittles in the secondary....

Not really... I just thought of that when I read this thread, but I REALLY want to make that beer! Skittles in the secondary, bottled with Brett. I bet it would be interesting...

I'm kind of excited for a slightly under 5% mild that I have. It's super malty and it's my first time serving from one of two polypins I just got so I'm hoping it goes well.

Honestly don't care who wins unfortunately, but I will still watch, drink, and eat food that is horrible for me.

Back