Sunday Morning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I've seen those videos.

MessinWithSasquatch.gif

But... Bobo said Squatch's favorite foods was donuts and bacons!

Liar.

Working again today, later it'll be laundry, supper & hopefully, sleep. Hope everybody has a great day.
Regards, GF.

Another cool and sunny Sunday morning here in Western NY. Some pancakes and bacon start this bay off right. It is looking like it's going to be another lazy day around here. I'll need to water the garden and fill some poultry feeders. There might be some beans to be picked, and the tomatoes need to be tied up. Then maybe some tinkering on my MG or one of the tractors. There might even be some time fora game of horse shoes and some frosties later! :)

I hope everyone enjoys their Sunday.

:mug:

Had to work today... we have a new hospital went live with the computer system yesterday. Then I get off work at 3pm and later a Mountain Bike Ride with a buddy at 8pm.

I am fermenting a beer and a mead in primary, but that's all I'll be doing for brewing today (apart from wasting time on HBT!)

Morning is mostly gone, and I have no idea what all I'll be doing today. There are tomatoes to can, and peppers to harvest, some liquor to be consumed, but that's pretty much as far forward as I can see.

On vacation in Phoenix. Last full day here.

I'm going to drink one more cup of coffee and then do some cycling on the west side of South Mountain Park. Then it's off to brunch with my sister-in-law's family.

EDIT: make that east side of South Mountain Park and I realized I brought the wrong bike when I got to the gate. So I did 11 miles on 48th Street instead.

Got up at 4 this morning, and just finished a clone of Stone's Sublimely Self Righteous at the request of wife. I thought for sure 17lbs of grain in my wee BIAB setup would have been a royal PITA, but it went fairly smoothly. Undershot gravity by about 8 points or so but I didn't really expect to get the full deal.

Happy Sunday everyone

First full day back after a week of camping at Allegany state park with Swmbo's family. Already missing the campfires and bears... Still unpacking and cleaning, but heading out to an amusement park in a bit to spend more time with them. :what: Hopefully I'm able to slam a few beers later.

Back at work. At least it's double time so that makes it easier to sit here and screw around on the web.

SWMBO informed me we're going to the fair today. Ugh I hate crowds. I'll keep my mouth shut and be a good boy. Hopefully I'll be rewarded well.....

First full day back after a week of camping at Allegany state park with Swmbo's family. Already missing the campfires and bears... Still unpacking and cleaning, but heading out to an amusement park in a bit to spend more time with them. :what: Hopefully I'm able to slam a few beers later.

I enjoy campfires and beers over campfires and bears. :mug:

I enjoy campfires and beers over campfires and bears. :mug:

Same here!

If you leave your beers out, the bears will enjoy them for you at Allegany State Park. Great place, my wife and I love camping there. Lots of big bears to watch! :)

:goat:

We lost a 30 pack years ago to a bear. It stole a full cooler while we yelled at it, then shotgunned the cans, took a dump in the middle of the trail, then stumbled off and passed out close to a different trail.

This year I only saw 2 bears, but both times the thing was pushing 300+lbs. Nothing beats them sneaking up on you during a late night campfire haha

Sorry for the late arrival!

ALERT!

I just used PBW on my plate chiller....... OMG...... I can't believe how much crap PBW got out of that thing! Excellent product.

I'm having some coffee, listening to some Dean Martin, trying to convince myself to start my day, rather than sit here all morning.

More tomatoes need canning, peppers need drying, hardwood floors need mopping, and beer needs tending to. It's looking to be a manageable Sunday. I hope everyone else has an easy one, too.

Good morning all. 1st day of the rest of my vacation time for the year. Sitting in the cabin on the shore of Crystal lake in NW MI. Great looking day to do nothing and enjoy.
Mapped out the local wineries that we want to hit this week, now going to look for some breweries. I know that there is one in Frankfort and few in Traverse, but looking for any new ones that may have popped up in the past 2 years.
Hope everyone has a great day!

WIN_20150816_111403.JPG

First time in several months that im not at the office. Just relaxing at the coast in vancouver bc. Starting a 3 week training course here tomorrow

I went fishing.
bass_zpsng7fpnmv.jpg

Now I'm having a mug of beer and then soon my daughter will be here to take me to meet up with 2 of her siblings and the grandkids for a baseball game at the local stadium.

Just got off shift. A buddy is bringing a buddy to try some of my latest batch at noon pst. Might catch a good buzz before 1pm! Day is going to be great.

Sailed today, yesterday too. Got underway about lunchtime, motored over to a good beach in a calm. Swam, napped, other activity. Walked the beach, found some good shells. Ate the food we packed. Up anchor with the sea breeze, sailed home. My wife said both days were perfect.

Getting up and ready to visit my step daughter and her family for the day. We will be BBQing and enjoying what promises to be a beautiful day with them. The summer is quickly coming to an end and this may be the last of the good weather weekends.

But first, some bacon and french toast for breakfast to get us started.

I hope everyone enjoys their Sunday

:mug:

Getting the courage to start a meal replacement plan for a few months to remove some of the chunk before the holidays kick in full effect...

Hope everything is well with you all!

20-something: The number of things I'd like to accomplish today.
3: The number of things I'll likely accomplish today.

Sadly, brewing is probably among the 17-or-so things I won't get to.

In the meantime, I'll sit here hugging my coffee cup, listening to the newest Lindi Ortega album, and bemoan the lack of hours in a weekend.

Supposed to be cloudy all day but only a 20% chance of rain. Gotta get grocery shopping out of the way and decide whether or not to try and get a hair cut in or put it off for later this week (going to be in a wedding next weekend.)

Need to package up some ball-lock posts that AIH sent in the wrong size.

Deciding whether to just wash/vacuum the car or do a full detail.

I gotta do some more cutting on the custom rear bumper cover bracket for my ride while shooting video of it. And work on two of my books as well.

Working again today, after work I'll be doing laundry & watering the lawn. After that it'll be glorious sleep. I'm so tired. Hope everybody has a nice Sunday.
Regards, GF.

Friday night my iPhone 5s died. I mean completely dead for no apparent reason. Spent yesterday seeing if AT&T or the Apple Store could bring it back from the dead. Neither could.

I spent this morning recovering my last backup onto my wife's old 4s. I can limp along on this old phone for a month or two until I can get the new 6s.

Back