Sunday Morning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Moving slow this Sunday. Yesterday was a long 29 hour day. Got 5 hours sleep last night and hoping for four more before work tonight. Cheers everyone. Happy Sunday to all.

Just chillin' after coffee & bauernfruhstuck for breakfast. My car's still in the shop & the problems keep arising. Damn bill is going through the ceiling...:mad:

my car's still in the shop & the problems keep arising. Damn bill is going through the ceiling...:mad:

radio.jpg

^^^^^thats how my daughter thinks and ended up costing me $4000 for a new engine.
I threatened to remove the stereo if she didn't pay attention to how the car sounds. On the bright side now have a 100,000 mile warranty on the new engine.

Started the morning relaxing with the kids on the couch, then went to my son's next to last hockey game where he scored a goal! Working on a puzzle with my daughter now, and about to crack a Sunday Morning Stout. Got plenty of cleaning to do while swmbo works all day, but plan on enjoying some quality time with the kids. Hope you all enjoy your Sunday!

lazy sunday wake up on a late afternoon, call parnell just to see how he's doin, yo parnell, yo sanford what's cracking, you thinking what i'm thinking, narnia man it's happening!

Sorry just came to mind when I saw this thread. SNL Lazy Sunday short :)

Well his Sunday was a lot like the last few up early have a cup of coffee with the wife then off to the gym for leg day. Back home quick shower. Protein shake for breakfast then off to church with the wife after church we did our week grocerie shopping then it was a couple hours work on the back yard while listening to the kids whine for having to help. Now just sitting down to a cold beer and watch some baseball. Enjoy your week brew family.

Happy Easter Sunday everyone.

Today we were up at 5:30, in order to get a 26 pound turkey in the oven, for a 2 pm dinner. We have all the family coming here for dinner.

I'm hoping that the weather will cooperate and give us the 60* temps and sun that the local weatherman is calling for. If so we will throw some shoes, drink some beers and enjoy the early spring sun.

Next up will be some breakfast, and this morning some home made, crispy fried, corned beef hash, eggs over easy, Italian bread toast and some strong black coffee sound like a winner this morning.

Enjoy the day everyone.

:mug:

Happy Easter everyone. I'm 40 minutes from getting off work. Will be going home to shower and hit the early service up before going back home to grab a nap before work.

Wishing all a great day and hope the kids does well with their hunts. Remember, boiled eggs makes great pickled eggs which goes well with crackers, hot sauce and beer! Make use of them and your wives will love you. lol

Kenny T

I'm up alone.... drinking coffee. The best time of day. Kids and wife still asleep. So quiet.

Looking forward to a day with very little to do. Double brew day yesterday. Not much on the agenda today - probably make up a batch of kimchi. Gotta move a beer from a dry hop keg to a serving keg...... but, that is about it. Be good to relax.

Happy Easter!

Kids hunted for eggs and their baskets, we all played some games, then a nice pancake and bacon breakfast was made. Plan on getting outside to do some yard work and enjoy the sun. I set a few good beers aside for the day for myself and to share. Having some of Swmbo's family over for dinner later where a nice sized leg of lamb will be served. Enjoy your day all!

Enjoyed early Easter breakfast tacos while the young'n found eggs scattered through the grandmother's living room. No sitting at the airport for the flight back home. Will be killing a few beers or a bourbon when I get home tonight. And cataloging my haul from southern Texas breweries and distilleries.

Worked on a "non-category" ale yesterday. I am calling it Burnt Amber. Just having a bit of fun and playing with flavors.

Dropped in a bit of Carafa II (special) and Special B. Just a few ounces of each (added late in mash). Instead of carapils for body, went with red wheat malt for body head retention.

Hops:

Bittered with Centenial,
late boil Cascade and Ahtanum.
This is my post-boil gravity sample

IMG_20160327_151454[1].jpg

Watching Ronde Van Vlaanderen and having Dogfish Head Belgian Style Tripel. Don't have an actual Belgian take, but this works nicely

It is an unbelievably cold 13*F out side here in Finger Lakes region of Western New York this morning. I have promised to help a neighbor cut and split some fire wood this morning. He has spent a couple mornings helping me with my log pile so I must repay the favor.

This afternoon my wife and I will be visiting my daughter, her husband and our 18 month old grandson. The boy will be coming home with us to spend the next couple of days. By Wednesday I'm sure I'll be very tired. He is at the age where he is in need of constant supervision, is running everywhere he goes, and never stops.

I hope to be able to get to Beers of The World while we are in the city visiting. I have a friend that I owe a debt of gratitude to and he loves craft beer. What better place to find a "Thank You" gift than a beer store that carries almost every beer I have ever heard of and thousands more that are almost unknown of. I'd also like to get to to my LHBS and pick up the stuff for my next brew.

I hope everyone has a great Sunday!

Old lady surprised me with a phone call last night so I'm off to see her this morning with the intent of getting cash off her.

Then it's back home to prepare a lamb roast :)

I'm taking our local mineral/gem club on a field trip in 2 weeks, so my wife and I are going to scout a promising area around Roswell NM. My first beer should be around 6 PM. We'll be ready, it's gonna be 4 or 5 hours walking in sand and banging on rocks with a small pick axe.

Hung out with fellow homebrewer and watched Paris-Roubaix. Great race, great new beer and great company were all had. Awesome Sunday!

Went to church, took my 93-year old Mom out to lunch, settled in on the couch with a hb Belgian Tripel to watch the Masters. And the snow flurries whipping past the window. :(

Went to church early this morning. Got home and brewed an English Mild with one of my son's, who wanted to learn the process. Great weather, awesome day, great time with my son, and a brew day I will always remember!

Spent the entire afternoon with my lil wife, rekindling our relationship. Been a lot of hell & high water since my birthday 3/31 & hers 4/3, realizing a lot was non-existent between us. A totally unacceptable situation! Things are going so much better these days. turning 60 will do that to you. Trust me on this one. Nothing worse than being alone in your own home at this point. That's why I haven't been on here much, if at all. Haven't drank at all in weeks, & losing more weight...even shaved off my beard! It was making me feel old. Still wanna get the mumme' brewed up, & maybe the hybrid lager, version 4.

We went out on a date for the first time in like 10 years last evening! Went to Red Lobster & got one of the lobsterfest Plates. Forgot pic of it, but 12oz NY strip medium rare, with two small rock lobster tails with crab stuffing topped with melted parmesan. Steak had mushroom sauce with salsa over it on a bed of green beans & roasted bell peppers.
Our appetizer, their lobster/langostino pizza with thin crust, tomatoes lobster, langostinos in a garlic/parmesan sauce topped with basil. Light, but full of flavor!;

And here's a Lake Erie sunset @ Lakeview Park in Lorain;

Watched my daughter play a soccer game down state. She did a fantastic job and as always, I am enormously proud of her for her effort.

Additionally, put a finishing touch on a basic IPA making for a friend and his son - introducing them to homebrew. To tease the son, I named it after him. I called it Hairy Manwhore IPA.

drizzling rain and sloppy today. I have a ton of yard work that needs to get done. I guess we'll have to go beer tasting instead.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!

Cleaning the new brew shed today, taking inventory, scrubbing fermenters, and drinking beer.

Hope the weather is fair where you brew today!

Spent Sunday morning writing, then the afternoon with my wife. Since birthday 60 rolled around for us, we decided we needed to work on our personal relationship, which was near zippo for 9 years, since retirement. I also quit drinking a couple months ago, & my memory is improving while I've also lost 28 pounds. Need to loose more weight by the time leg infection & blood clots clear up for hip replacement this summer.

Spent Sunday morning writing, then the afternoon with my wife. Since birthday 60 rolled around for us, we decided we needed to work on our personal relationship, which was near zippo for 9 years, since retirement. I also quit drinking a couple months ago, & my memory is improving while I've also lost 28 pounds. Need to loose more weight by the time leg infection & blood clots clear up for hip replacement this summer.

I know a little bit about caring for THRs, and while I'm sure you have a million of things to think about regarding your surgery, if you want to come out of the gates within the first 24 hours winning, not only should you lose that weight and tend to that infection, but work on your core. Your abs, including the lateral ones. The sooner you show you can move (you're going to be babying that side, your core will make up for it), the sooner you can shift your weight, the sooner that urinary cath is going to come out, the sooner you'll put weight onto the hip, and the sooner you'll get to go home :) :rockin:

I didn't know about a urinary catheter? Those look & sound nasty...

Worth asking the facility you'll be having the hospital stay at. It depends on the level of motility they expect too. They may not want you to move much the first few hours after surgery and what if you have to pee? Catheter. Good luck!

I went to my usual wound center appointment for the infection in my leg on Friday. They're the ones that also found the 2 large, old blood clots as well. Femoral & ephemeral. On blood thinners for that. Anyway, I asked about the catheter, & they said they usually pull it out before you " come too" again. Doesn't really hurt, etc. Gonna ask my gym rat son about weights I can do that he has downstairs for lats & delts as you said. Sounds very reasonable to me?...

@unionrdr Sounds like good news! :) Lats and delts help yup, but I was focusing on ABS. Man, you're going to be in the best shape of your life AND part robot! :mug:

Yeah, I haven't been in any kind of decent shape since these joint problems started, after her bad shunt left her less than 100% & I quit our 6 miles per day walk/jog to care for her after work. And I believe the word you're searching for is " cyborg"...will that make me human +? ( think Armored Core)

Back