Sunday Morning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good Sunday morning HBT! I worked all night, off in about 30 mins. After work, it'll be laundry, watering the lawn & cooking up a stir-fry with some really well marbled beef. Of course I'll have a few beers before, during & after cooking. Whatever you do today, I hope you enjoy it. Carpe the hell out of this Diem!
Regards, GF.

Worked all night again, no worries though, 9 hrs of pure overtime certainly helps pay the bills. only a couple more hrs till i'm off, looking forward to a few mugs of cider whilst cooking up some FRESH Chanterelle mushrooms (picked yesterday!), maybe sauteed in a dry riesling or marsala? Maybe just butter & scallions? Not sure just what I'll do with them, but I've got 2 lbs, might be just enough for 2 different recipes. Maybe use them to smother a grilled pork steak? No matter what, I'm sure they'll be tasty. I hope you all have a tasty Sunday!
Regards, GF.

I woke up the sourdough starter that sat in the fridge all summer on Friday and cooked up some waffles with it for brunch today. Yum. After I clean up the kitchen I’ll be preforming some beer tasks bottling from a keg for the first time so I can send a pretty good Wit I’ve brewed to competition and emptying a keg to be filled. I’ll be cooking a pot roast for dinner. Hope everyone has an enjoyable day planned.

Beautiful morning here on Long Island, enjoyed my first cup of coffee on the back deck and saw several monarch butterflies searching for nourishment fly by. I’ve got a keg of graf icing down to pour at a fund raiser my HBC participates in, Taps and Talons. Whatever you are doing today, make it enjoyable, make it a great day!

I woke up with a ton of things to do in the yard today. Leaves that need to be picked up and used for mulch in the garden, summer lawn furniture that need to be put away for winter, snow plow need to be mounted on the utv, and their is the never ending firewood pile shuffle.

Well, a cold rain is falling and the wind is blowing. Looks like a good day to drink beer and watch football.

I hope everyone has a good Sunday

Cold and rainy here as well. I did mow the lawn yesterday and cut it a little short for the coming winter. Later I’m seeing family at a family friendly Halloween party. Enjoying morning coffee in my peaceful home with the sound of an actively bubbling airlock gurgling in the background. Enjoy the day.

Really hot and little breeze. Yard go sale second day, what a waste of time.. Did some painting on a cabinet projecto.... About 10 - 20 cooler and maybe some brewing.. Or a thousand or so $$ to electric......

Good morning HBT! Worked all night again, off in a couple of hours. Should be a nice, slow, quiet rest of the day for me; I'll be heating up a leftover BBQ pork steak & enjoying a nice, big salad after work. I've already cooked for the week on Friday, did laundry Saturday, so today will be a lazy day (after work). I'm thinking a movie on DVD whilst I eat my supper (at 10:00 am.) & an early bedtime. I live such an exciting life, don't I? <LOL>
I'm currently listening to this, hard to believe I haven't heard it before now. Hope you all have a great day! Regards, GF.

Sunday is, as always: A fire in the fireplace, jazz on the turntable and a big fat New York Times on my lap. Love the Real Estate and Metropolitan sections for reasons I can't explain.

15AB607E-E833-4EFC-9745-8313B5969E29.jpeg

Having my second cup, and will cook up some bacon and eggs soon. May go visit a couple local breweries later. Enjoy the rest of the long weekend. Happy Veterans Day, to those who have served. You are appreciated!

Good Sunday morning brewers. Here in the Finger Lakes Region of western New York state it is a cool 29*F and the wind is howling. We got abot 4" of snow lastnight and it has taken to the air with a vengence, causing the highway crews to be very busy. I was hoping to brew a lager this weekend but my order won't be delivered untill next week and the weather really isn't cooperating. Maybe we will get a visit from our grandson for some snowmobiling and sled riding this afternoon instead. Maybe We will just sit inside and enjoy something on the tv.

Whatever the day brings, I think I'll start it off with a breakfast of sausage gravy over some fresh biscuits.

I hope all here have an enjoyable day.

:mug:

Last edited:
Just got done with brunch and cleaned up the kitchen a little while ago.it snowed here on Long Island yesterday, and changed over to rain during the night and there’s no snow left. The sun is shining and the temp is in the low 40s. No complaints about that. I’m heating water for a Grodziskie as I write, and will soon be milling the grain. What ever you’re doing make it a great day!

Good Sunday morning, happy Ground Hog and Super Bowl Sunday, everyone.

Today has dawned cool and cloudy here in Western New York, with a fresh inch of light and fluffy, pristine white snow making everything look fresh and clean outside.

Today should be a very busy one. We had our grandson visit yesterday as well as one of our friends and their granddaughter, for some sled riding and snowmobiling. It was great fun for all, but pushed a full weekends worth of chores to today. There is firewood that needs to be brought in, a leaky sink trap that needs to be replaced, chicken chores need doing everyday, and it is, of course, Super Bowl Sunday, and we won't want to miss the commercials.

We will start the day with a couple eggs over easy, some homemade corned beef hash, toast, and copious amounts of strong black coffee.

I Hope all of you have a wonderful day. :mug::mug::mug:

I just moved my no-chill Wee heavy that cooled overnight into a sanitized fermenter, it needs to cool a bit more before I can pitch, so I’m enjoying a cup of coffee, watching one of those political shows.
Sunny day, mild 37 will reach the 40s. It’s Super Bowl Sunday, so not much will be accomplished later going out with hubby and friends to a local brewery for the game.

Whatever you are doing be safe and have fun.

Good Sunday morning everyone. We, here in Western New York, have been blessed with about a foot of new snow over the last three days, temps are in the upper twenties, and the sun is shining bright. Our 5 year old grandson is visiting again this weekend, just for fun in the snow.

We spent the day yesterday sledding, and snowmobiling, before going for some bowling and pizza yesterday afternoon. Snow removal late yesterday ended in a broken winch cable on the UTV's snowplow, so we decided to ride the snowmobile some more and fix the snow plow today when the sun was up. That will be the first order of business to attend to as soon as the cartoon watching is done. More sled riding and snowmobiling is on tap for sure. The never ending fire wood shuffle and chicken chores need attending to as well.

We started the morning with blue berry/M&M pancakes for the boy and sausage gravy, biscuits, home fries, and over easy eggs for myself and the Mrs.

I hope you all have as wonderful a Sunday as mine promises to be.
:mug::mug::mug:

Sunday morning has rolled around once again. It promises to dawn clear and warm, for this time of year. It's 32* right now as the sun is starting to make the Eastern sky the pale Purple that emerges from the night before the sun chases the darkness away for another day.

Today promises to be a busy one. Of course, there is firewood that needs to be brought in, it is February after all. I have a lager that needs to be bottled. The work shop has been a mess for along time, and needs some attention paid to it before my MG can get the maintenance it needs, before the first drive of spring. There is still a good amount of snow on the ground and I would like to take a ride on my snowmobile without my 5 year old grandson tagging along. Plenty of things to do for sure.

First things first though, a day like this needs to be started with some breakfast. Today, I think we'll have the standard, eggs over easy, apple wood smoked bacon, home fried potatoes, toast and plenty of strong, dark coffee.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday.

Good Sunday morning fellow brewers. For some reason I really like this thread so I'm dragging it out of pre-Covid February and resurrecting it in time for Christmas.

Here in western New York's Finger Lake Region, it is a balmy 45*F, and from what little bit I can tell before the sun has risen, very overcast.

The wife and I will be joining our youngest daughter and her husband and our 6 year old grandson for the annual Christmas tree chase. We will drive up to the city, pack all of us in my pickup, and tromp over endless acres of tree lot only to settle on the tree way back next to where we parked the truck. Then we will be off looking to find a place that will be willing to serve the 5 of us a meal together, despite the mandates of our dictator, I mean Governor. The tree chase has been put off until later in the season than usual this year because, like everything else in life in 2020, a Covid concern kept us from getting together last weekend. Luckily it was just a precaution and none of us have been ill.

We have a new English Pointer puppy in the house, and he has been well entertained the last two days by our 6 year old grandson. Luckily for us the two have kept each other very well occupied and my wife and I entertained for the entire weekend.

We put out our Christmas light/lawn display yesterday, moved in some firewood, and of course worked with some basic training for the puppy.

We will need to start the day with M&M pancakes, a favorite of the boy, some bacon and a couple of eggs fried up and turned over easy. I may even fry up a few hash browned potatoes to go along with everything else.

Well I have rambled on long enough. I hope everyone has as happy, healthy and enjoyable Sunday, as I will today.

:mug::mug::mug: :goat:

Here on Long Island the fog has lifted and the sun is shining. I’m enjoying morning coffee, and catching up on the news. Hubby is going to be Santa on zoom for some good boys and girls.
Snow is forecasted for mid week, so it’s time to get the snow blower and shovels where we can get them.
Happy Tree Chase day to you, it sounds like a great family day.

I really do miss my BC(Before Corona) Sunday mornings. I would get up at sunrise-I still can't break that habit, and fix coffee. After an hour of reading online newspapers I fix my breakfast. This morning it's eggs with ham, and green chile cheese grits leftover from Friday's shrimp and grits dinner. Then I would listen for my wife to start stirring and fix her a cup of coffee. I would miss the good old BC days, except it's exactly like today. Yesterday we drove into the Gila National Forest and cut a 7' pinon tree for Christmas, so today we will decorate it. This afternoon i may take my camera and go for a walk in the forest looking for critters willing to be photographed. Or not-if it stays windy I'll do some work in my shop.
In other words we still live exactly as we did pre Corona, and life is still very good.

This Sunday morning finds it cold and snowing here in western New York. Mother nature has added a fresh new inch of the white stuff to what was left earlier this week from the Nor'easter that rolled up the coast. There is just enough for a bit of snow machine riding and I might just get the old girl out later and rip it up some. that will be very minimal do to the pain in my back from falling down my front steps on my way to work yesterday morning.

We are looking forward to the winter solstice tomorrow and the returning to the light. I love this time of year and take full advantage of all the activities that winter in the great outdoors has to offer, however the short days are something I really don't care for.

Today will be spent shoveling the new snow, and doing some training with the new Pointer pup. Relaxing with a home brew or two will consume most of the afternoon and evening hours. No football today, my Bills creamed the Bronco's yesterday :yes::rock::yes:.

We already started the day with a hearty plateful of sausage gravy, biscuits, home fried taters, and a couple over easy eggs. Finished with a strong cup of black coffee.

Hope everyone has a safe and healthy Sunday.

It' already 45F here, sunny with no wind. My son and his 2 children are here for the holidays. We're going to walk to the bottom of our hill to turn on the water well and fill our storage tank, then I'll take my granddaughter hiking to retrieve the game cam 1/2 mile from the house where the mountain lion tracks are. Maybe today is the day I'll finally get a pic of him/her.

Good Sunday morning brewers. The sun is rising on a calm and crisp, 25*F, Western New York.

I hope everyone had as good a week as we did here. Our Christmas was wonderful and fairly uneventful. Which is so much better than years past. Maybe not as memorable as some, no one got drunk and made a fool of themselves. No one brought any homeless people to Christmas dinner. No major family feuds erupted. There were no major weather events that happened here. Just a peaceful Holiday.

Today will be spent with a chainsaw in an attempt to finish cutting a firewood log load that has been put off way to long. Hopefully I will have a few minutes to do some training with our new bird dog pup. There are always the chicken chores that need doing.

I will likely start it all with some sausage, toast and eggs next to a strong cup of coffee.

I hope everyone has a great Sunday.
:mug: :mug: :mug:

Good morning, I hope everybody's Christmas went well. Our two children are here with their kids, but without their spouse type people. No in or ex laws meant a very enjoyable and sober Christmas, like Kirkwooder our drama level was much lower than it has been in the past. Unfortunately our son and his two children go home to Texas today, but our daughter and her daughter have a few more days to enjoy life on our hilltop. So this Sunday will be spent loading a pickup with stuff, then undecorating and relaxing

Good Sunday morning brewers. Happy new year! It's a cool clear 31*F here in Western New York.

The chickens are out running around eating grass and any last little tidbits that melting snow has to offer. The last of the outside Christmas decorations will need to be put away, if the ground warms up enough to get the stakes out. There is always the continuing battle to feed the beast that is our wood furnace, wood will need to be brought in today. The new Pointer pup will need his training routine and a couple very long walks off leash today just to disperse of some of his never ending supply of bounce. Then there is the Bill's game to watch, and a few beers to drink.

I better get after it, but first, ham and cheese omelets, home fried taters, dark toast and coffee will need to start it all off.

Wishing all a wonderful Sunday! God Bless!

Good morning all. It's bow hunting season until the 15th and since our property borders on 8 square miles of state land there are hunters out there so I can't wander off into the hills as I normally would on such a magnificent day-it should hit 60F here by afternoon and the wind has died down quite a bit. So I guess I will reluctantly finish cleaning out the garage after I finish breakfast. Right now I'm enjoying watching the quail, dove, scrub jays, antelope squirrels, and other assorted birds devouring the seeds I spread yesterday. The pine siskins are busy at the finch socks eating thistle seed, fighting each other constantly for a "prime spot" on the socks when cooperation would probably work better. Earlier there were 2 does and 2 fawns at the water trough, which didn't freeze overnight for the first time in 2 weeks. Yesterday one of the hunters was taking a break at his truck, and just before I chatted with him I saw a very nice buck walking 100 yards from where the hunter was eating his sandwich. The deer seemed to know where private land started and was headed that direction.
Happy weekend to everyone.

Well, it isn’t really morning here anymore on this cool rainy day, but I’m still drinking my morning coffee, and have prepared and eaten “brunch”. Spending time at home today, we usually leave the Christmas decorations up until 3 kings day, little Christmas, or Epiphany, whatever you wish to call 1/6.

May the New Year restore hope, and bring about positive changes. May the new brew year be satisfying as well.

Sunday morning has once again rolled around, it's dawning cool and cloudy here in Western New York.

I have already done my morning chicken chores, walked the new pup, and had my breakfast. The Bill's won their first playoff game in 25 years, so no need to plan the day around a game. I'd love to brew, but the Honey Do is way to long for taking any time for that.

Fire wood and cleanup are on the agenda for today.

God bless.

Last edited:
been up since 4am, suns just cracking. it'll be too bright to keep using the projector here soon.

i think my last batch of beer got infected :( tastes like month old dirty dishes....

Good Sunday to all!

Up and right at it today hitting the honey do list hard. The boys are moving up a size in clothes, so i have been hauling totes of the boys clothes up and down from the basement and to and from their room.

Time for a few more sips of coffee before the wife start cracking the whip again.:coff4:

Same old Sunday morning for me having coffee, getting ready for making sourdough waffles and sausage for brunch. The sun is shining and I’m hoping to make a brew day happen a milk stout with kids cereal.

Happy Sunday morning to all. After I finish my homemade egg mcmuffin I've got a full day of working outdoors in order to avoid the honey-dos my wife will line up for me if I don't stay out of sight. We put off a rockhounding trip with some friends because of the weather, but the system moved through early and today is actually magnificent so far-the 40 mph winds ended just after midnight and now it's cool and sunny. Maybe today I'll finish cleaning my shop, maybe I'll do nothing.

Good Sunday morning brewers. It's a crisp 12*F here in Western New York. A fresh 6 inches of snow covers the ground this morning thanks to the warmth of lake Erie and lake Ontario and a southerly jet stream.

The fresh snow made moving firewood yesterday a little easier. I'd like to move some more today. I fired up the snowmobile yesterday and made some paths on the hill just in case my grandson comes to do sledding this afternoon. I hope so. I will need to do some training with the pup today. I didn't do any yesterday do to the cold and wind. And of course there are both the Sabre's and Bills games on this afternoon. Sounds like a good chance for chicken wing and home brews to be consumed.

I think I'll start the day off with some fresh biscuits smothered in sausage gravy, with a couple of over easy eggs alongside.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday.

No longer morning, but have framed out one wall in the basement, hopefully I get back down to knock out the next one but I have lost my wife somehow, and I am now watching the boys...

I had a productive morning. I'm expanding the fenced area of our front yard so our grandkids have more room to play without worrying about javelinas and coyotes so I spent the morning wandering around our 4 acres looking for oak branches to cut for fence posts-I found 9 of them, 3-6" diameter and 7 feet long at least. The wind is blowing up to 40 mph, it's alternatively sunny and blowing snow, but since it's 40F it's not sticking. Tomorrow we're predicted to have 6-9 inches of snow, I'll believe it when i see it. I think now I'll kick back and watch some football.

I had a productive day also. The wife and I made bacon and blueberry pancakes on our outdoor griddle this morning. Coffee made it go down even better. Afterwards I went out and trimmed back my many crepe myrtle trees and some other trees on my acre of land. I fed the chickens and collected the eggs and now I am watching the Bucs playing Green Bay very well!

John

Happy Easter to everyone!

Snuck down for a quick cup of joe before waking up out daughter and heading off to church.

Double smoking a ham today and some fresh kielbasa for dinner. Will have 8 kids running around picking up eggs and enjoying what should be some beautiful weather today.

Hope everyone has a great day today!

Happy Easter to everyone. We have had 2 days of unbelievably nice weather, low 70's and very little wind. The Easter Bunny showed up and dropped off a ton of eggs filled with coins and candy and everyone enjoyed the morning. We had Easter dinner last night because my son and his family had to go back to Texas at noon so now its just my daughter and granddaughter enjoying the solitude and calm. Hope y'all all had a great day too.

Back