Summit Hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blittle

Reaction score
I'm going to brew a Lagunitas IPA extract clone. My LHBS had everthing except the summit hops. The gave me Warrior as a replacement. There's only .1 oz in my 5 gallon recipe, but not sure if i should just use Warrior or find Summit somewhere else. Also, for the dry hopping (centennial and cascade), can I use pellet hops, or should I use the whole flower hops?

My opinion on subbing hops is, its going to be a differnent beer likely, maybe not if you just subbing the bittering but probably, if you want to do a close clone i would stick to it, but its a good sub and shure it will be good ,but compaing the two you may find differneces.It will still be good despite just may not be so close to the origional.
You can use pellot or whole flower to dryhopp. I think pellots are messy as they disperse into little bits everywhere, i usually use a small cotton teabag type thing, some people use teaballs some just throw them in.

Back