Suggestions on spacing the faucets outward

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spikbeatz

Reaction score
What I'm trying to do is increase the space between the tap handle and my fridge door. Right now, I can't put a tap handle any bigger than the generic black ones that come with most home brew keg kits.

If I try to put a taller or bigger tap handle on it, the creamer feature because irrelavent because the handle can't move back to open up the faucet. Also, if it's too wide or fat, the handle gets pushed forward, dispensing position, and starts to pull beer out when not in use.

I want to have my own custom made handles but have become limited in the size I would like due to this.

Anyone have suggestions on what method to use to space the black round plastic faucet trim piece and the faucet itself outward(towards the beer server) so I can place bigger, wider, and taller tap handles WITHOUT it looking awful?

Has anyone ever run into this problem?

I'll get to posting pics of my Kegerator set up. I'm very fond of it :D

Thanks

you can either build out with a nice wood spacer. Something from the big box hardware store like pre made drawer fronts. They also make a tap handle angle adjuster that you can do as well.

Like this http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/chrome-bonnet-angler.html

I like the angler but seeing how it's a simple item, the price comparison to a wood spacer, painted black to almost match my kegerator's color, it's a no brainer.

Thanks for the link though. At least I know if I get lazy, I can get that. :mug:

large wood spacer? shanks are pretty long

Yeah. I have the 'average' shank length 4.5 or 4.25. As long as I can find the thickness to get the space I want, I should be good. :mug:

Thanks guys.

large wood spacer? shanks are pretty long

you can either build out with a nice wood spacer. Something from the big box hardware store like pre made drawer fronts. They also make a tap handle angle adjuster that you can do as well.

Like this http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/chrome-bonnet-angler.html

Thanks guys.

Yeah I think if I don't get hit with a lazy spell, I'll do the wood spacer. The angler would only be considered if I'm in a "just don't feel like it" mood seeing as $12+ dollars before shipping is pretty steep for something so simple.

I am appreciative for the link either way.

:mug:

Latest posts

Back