3 tap tower suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FloppyKnockers

Reaction score
Hey all,
I am moving and my bar, along with the tower, is staying here. I build the tower with 2 5/8" spacing between the taps (not on center) because I wanted a little more wiggle room for my handles. I plan on using just my stand alone kegerator for the foreseeable future and would like to have three taps. The kegerator came with a 2-tap column and I don't want to add the third tap converter thing. I'd like to go with a T-tower or similar. The ones I have found online and in-store (Ft. Worth area) have been mostly towers with 2" spacing.

So the question(s) are:
What 3-tap tower do you have? What's the spacing? If it's 2", any problems with bigger than the standard black handles? Any options out there with 2 1/2" - 3" space?

I would like something commercially available. Those who have read my threads know that I am not afraid of DIYing anything, but the problem is all of my tools and supplies are somewhere on the planet in PODs. I want beer sooner than that. ;)

I found this one from Rapids Wholesale that appears to have a pretty wide spacing, but have never dealt with them.

Thoughts and ideas?

Last edited:
I've never seen a post on HBT with a 3 faucet t tower. They've all been round, usually 3" but occasionally skinnier (usually the converted 2 to 3 deals).
That said they are certainly out there - actually lots of them - but if one is considering flow-control faucets and looking for a wider spacing then things narrow down considerably, because more of the 3 faucet t towers have the faucet holes just 3" on center.

Without spending a lot of time at it this is one of the few 3 faucet t towers with a faucet pitch greater than 3" that I found. Pricey...

https://www.americanbeverageequipme.../with-4-diameter-base/733r-4ssw-3-faucet-nsf/
Cheers!

I have one of the round column ones. Its good but I've got a 4-tap t-post one on the way so it will be up for sale soon if you are interested.

Edit: Something like this. It will have shanks, might be able to include the faucets from the 4-tap one too.
https://www.beveragefactory.com/dra...finity-draft-tower-all-stainless-contact.html

I've considered those and I think my handles may be a bit too cluttered in that arrangement. I've considered the ceramic towers too. They just a have that 'cool' factor.

I've never seen a post on HBT with a 3 faucet t tower. They've all been round, usually 3" but occasionally skinnier (usually the converted 2 to 3 deals).
That said they are certainly out there - actually lots of them - but if one is considering flow-control faucets and looking for a wider spacing then things narrow down considerably, because more of the 3 faucet t towers have the faucet holes just 3" on center.

Without spending a lot of time at it this is one of the few 3 faucet t towers with a faucet pitch greater than 3" that I found. Pricey...

https://www.americanbeverageequipme.../with-4-diameter-base/733r-4ssw-3-faucet-nsf/
Cheers!

That's the spacing I'm looking for, but whoa! Unless that's made of platinum or used to belong to one of the Beatles, I can't see why so much.

Cheers!
Wow, that tap tower piece costs almost as much as my complete 2 tap kegerator. And is that kind of piece made to go on a kegerator or be screwed down to a bar top? It looks top heavy.

My kegerator has 2 taps and space inside for 3 corny kegs plus the CO2 bottle. I made that decision when I bought it. I could have got 3 taps but decided not to.

I use the extra space inside to cold crash homebrew and/or add gelatin if necessary. I also have a real handpump so I sometimes use the extra space to chill a keg that will come out and go on handpump for awhile. And of course to store or lager a beer that is on deck. I’m brewing a beer for Octoberfest now that will lager for a few months before Sept/Oct.

All but the plastic screw-in towers have flanges that need fasteners to something structurally secure.
And I can say, fully loaded with faucets and handles and dangling beer lines my 6 faucet SS tee is pretty darned hefty.
On the up side, it counter-balances the keezer lid and keeps it open, which is good :)

Cheers!

Back