sugar per bottle???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lokiua4

Reaction score
I'm sure the answer to this question is on here somewhere but I'm kinda short on time so I'll just ask.i typically keg all my beers but a friend of mine wants me to bottle a few for him to take home with him.how would I figure out how much priming sugar to add to each bottle and how well will this even work?

You can bottle from the keg if it's already carbed up. There are plans for DIY beerguns on here if you look. Otherwise, you can bulk prime, which is mixing a boiled solution of sugar and water into a volume of beer then bottling. Bottle priming calculators help determine how much sugar to use per volume of beer. Lastly, there are carbonation drops that you just pop in the bottle and rack beer on top of.

I've been doing this on small batch experiments using 2 gm per 12 oz bottle and now thinking it might be a touch too much and will probably drop it down to 1.9 gm, depends on style also.
I would only do this with an accurate scale.:mug:

I transfer from keg to bottle all the time. It makes giving away or taking your beer a lot easier and cleaner. I purchased a beer gun that works very well but like SnakeRidge said you can find DIY plans on HBT.

If you want to carb using yeast there are online calculators that you should use. You’ll also want to add the sugar to the beer itself, gently stir then transfer to the bottles. Adding sugar directly to bottles can lead to a bad experience.

Latest posts

Back