Sugar Addition Chart

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

USMCYoder

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has ever seen or come across a chart that listen the different types of sugars/fermentables that can be added to a beer to bring up the OG and the amount of points it adds. It seems that some people know what item adds to a beer in reference to points, just wondering if it listed on a sheet or something.

Thanks

Just about every piece of brewing software has this info in it. Eventually, you just come to know some of the more common stuff: table sugar is 46 points, DME is 44, base malts are 36ish, etc.

My software only incorporates the additions if I was doing it in the kettle, not in the fermenter, so I didn't know if it would be any different. (Beer Alchemy)

I guess I will just write them all down so I know what they are when I need them.

My software only incorporates the additions if I was doing it in the kettle, not in the fermenter, so I didn't know if it would be any different. (Beer Alchemy)

I guess I will just write them all down so I know what they are when I need them.

It's the same stuff, whether it is going into the kettle or the fermentor. But if you are adding it to the fermentor, you need to consider the water that you are adding as well.

Back