Successful HomeBrew Weekend! Thanks, HBT!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

munche

Reaction score
So, I didn't actually end up brewing this weekend. However, I did accomplish a few awesome HomeBrew tasks. While my girlfriend has politely listened to me geek out on this, I figured I'd nerd out here where people are slightly more interested! :ban:

- I tried my first bottle of my first brew. It's only been carbing for a week, but the carb level was just fine imo. It tasted pretty damned good! I'm actually really happy with it and looking forward to drinking more. This forum has helped out a ton with all of that, so thanks all!
- I harvested some PacMan yeast...made 1L of wort and just tossed some yeast from a bottle of Chatoe Rogue and crossed my fingers. Got myself a nice amount of growth and ended up saving 6 slants worth of it into the fridge. Anyone have any suggestions for small storage jars? Baby food?
- I built a MLT! I watched a bunch of youtube videos and ended up buying a bunch of fittings and some cable braid and went ahead and did it. Downside, the hose barb sticking out the bottom hits the ground when it's lying flat. But still, no leaks and looks like it'll work!

So for a weekend where I didn't actually touch any of my brews, I got a lot done. I'm excited, and my big problem is I have 2 batches of extract waiting to be brewed and I'm itching to do a grain batch now that I can!!

Grats on the good weekend.

If I were you I would do a partial until my extract was all gone. This will provide you with some valuable insite as to your brew house efficiency. Since we know that extract should be fairly close to 100% you should be able to fairly easily determine the efficiency from a partial mash. That way when you do move to AG you will know how much to compensate for, if any. :)

good luck!

Back