Successful first batch!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dancingbarefoot

Reaction score
Thanks to lots of help and assurance from the kind folks here, my first batch - a stout - was a success! Had a first tap party last night (if you can have a 'first tap' for bottled beer, anyway). It's been bottled for oh, about four weeks now. Tastes good! Very smooth, no off tastes. Success! :D

dancingbarefoot

Congrats on the good brew!

My second batch, a stout, is in the primary now. I hope it turns out nice. I saw your stout recipe in another thread. Mine is similar except I steeped some grains for mine. Hope I didn't steep them too long or at too high a temperature. I'm not worried that much, though. I'm pretty sure the water PH prevented excess tannins from being leached.

I too have a stout going. This is my 8th batch and they just keep getting better. It's got to be one of the most wonderful hobbies in the world: it's a mix of chemistry, zoology, cooking and whimsy and ends up with a product that makes people happy and doesn't clutter up your house for too long. If I could just find a way to make it less messy.

Congrats on the successful first batch! It is a nice feeling to bring that first one home successfully, especially since that first batch is always accompanied by angst and uncertainty, and a few minor mistakes. It is a pretty forgiving process after all, and the beer is somehow always better than anything commercial, even from a brew house.

Back