Successful first batch!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tabasco

Reaction score
Czech pils from Northern brewers.

Didn't use secondary - just left in primary for two months.

Put in a corny keg yesterday @ 22 psi and shook it occasionally.

Took my first taste just now and it is EXCELLENT!!:ban::ban:

Haven't had good brew since I left Germany. :rockin:

Yeeehah!:drunk:

I used a sanitized paint filter to keep any crud out of the keg. Worked very well I thought.

Congrats! What's next on deck for you?

I haven't figured it out yet.

There's so much from which to choose.

I'm on my second glass right now and i couldn't be happier. Nice head, great taste - maybe I'll make the same pils again!:fro:

Honestly, that's really impressive. Taking on a lager for your first batch is a ballsy move, and something as light as a Czech Pilsner is double ballsy. Anyway, enjoy the hell out of that beer! :mug:

Honestly, that's really impressive. Taking on a lager for your first batch is a ballsy move, and something as light as a Czech Pilsner is double ballsy. Anyway, enjoy the hell out of that beer! :mug:

I Had no idea what I was doing. I ordered the kit not even aware that it was a 2-stage beer. I knew I needed cold temps but it was the end of winter so no problem. I used crystal clear "crick water" from out back and cooled the wort in the ice cold stream. Just kept moving the beer to colder parts of the cabin.

First timer's luck. Damn good beer!!

I won't be able to do another lager until next fall/winter I suppose. :mug:

Back