Success!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wakers3

Reaction score
Just thought I would share my elation with those who have contributed to it. Brewed my first batch about three weeks ago, Brewers Best Saison kit. Didn't realize when I purchased it that it was an 'intermediate' level. Also only had appropriate carboy space to hatch less than a 5 gallon batch. So, I improvised and split the kit in half...kind of using my best judge of measure.

Anyway, not ideal - but it got me going and familiar with the required steps and I left it in the primary for 2 weeks before bottling. Decided yesterday that a week in the bottle was about as long as my impatient @ss could wait before seeing what kind of creation I had made.

Sounds cliche, but it was THE BEST BEER I HAD EVER TASTED! I couldn't believe it. I even had a local craft saison in a bottle on hand to use as comparison. Had my uncle visit who is a beer drinker give me the opportunity for a blind taste test against the local place and he picked mine. Took the last craft saison bottle and some of mine over to my buddy who has saved his bottles for me and did the same thing. Mine was his favorite of the two. I am stoked. Already have the other half of the kit in primary along with a hefe that I found a recipe on here to make also in primary and have ordered the ingredients for a Kolsch on their way from midwest.

Pretty happy with my current progress and wanted to give a big shout out to all you vets who have taken the time to share your knowledge.

Thought I would also post up a picture of the aftermath of my uncle's visit.

DSC_4420.jpg

I had the same reaction after my first kit, it was from midwest and I think will find the midwest kits even better then brewers best.

Congrats and good luck!

Back