Stuck taps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duskb

Reaction score
I've been having trouble with my taps getting sticky and last night took the cake when i tried to pull an IPA and had to use so much force that I broke the brass handle while the beer was tricking out at nearly full speed.

Anyways I ordered some replacement SS levers but I'm trying to figure out why I seem to be the only one to fight sticky taps. I clean them with line cleaner a few times a year, is this not enough?

Anyone else have problems with this?

If these are rear-sealing faucets, they can get stuck in as little as a few days.
I suspect most of us HBT keggers switched to forward-sealing faucets - which don't stick...

Cheers!

Had that problem with my old basic taps that came with my kegerator. Do you have perlick or something forward sealing if not that should solve your problem. Upgrading to perlicks was one o the best things I did when it comes to serving beer.

Thanks guys. I knew nothing about this. I'll have to research this change over and consider removing the old ones.

One day I got so pissed at my beer faucet sticking ..I picked up my phone and ordered the perlick 650ss flow controll..man I should have done that years ago

Latest posts

Back