stiff, stuck tap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mad Brewer

The mad brewer
Reaction score
Anyone ever have a tap that is stuck or really stiff?? I have one that I can barely move in-and-out. It's 1 of the cheaper taps That's the valve goes in-and-out, I'm going to disconnect that and take it apart tomorrow to see if I can loosen it up I haven't used it in about a month and I think it's just getting sticky but not sure if anybody's had experience with this

I imagine everyone that has ever used a rear-sealing faucet has encountered a sticky or full-on stuck faucet. I've read of folks who literally snapped tap handles right off inadvertently 'cuz they didn't see a hard-stick coming. It's one of the reasons why many of us went straight to forward-sealing faucets, which aren't nearly as prone to sticking.

Take the faucet off its shank and soak it in hot water. That'll free it up and you can disassemble and clean from there...

Cheers!

I imagine everyone that has ever used a rear-sealing faucet has encountered a sticky or full-on stuck faucet. I've read of folks who literally snapped tap handles right off inadvertently 'cuz they didn't see a hard-stick coming. It's one of the reasons why many of us went straight to forward-sealing faucets, which aren't nearly as prone to sticking.

Take the faucet off its shank and soak it in hot water. That'll free it up and you can disassemble and clean from there...

Cheers!
Thank you

Back