Stuck Fermentation - Had to re-pitch, now what?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shackled

Reaction score
Brewed AHS Flanders Brown - partial mash
OG -1.069
made a 1.5 liter starter using White Labs Belgian Ale 550

Was in primary for about 3 weeks, checked gravity and it was at 1.023, checked a week later and no change. and that was after warming it up and swirling the fermenter

So I reydrated and pitched some US-05 about a week ago.
I checked the gravity today and its spot on its FG of 1.012.
going to check it again in a few days to make sure its truely done.

Now my question is how long do I need to let this sit in primary to let the us-05 yeast clean up after itself?
Do I give it 3-4 weeks from the time of re-pitching as if it was the normal brew date?
Should I cold crash it and let it sit for a few more days and then bottle it?

Ill RDWHAHB once I know what I need to do :mug:

I haven't been in that situation but if I was I'd do one of the following in order by preference:

1. Just wait another 3-4 weeks. What's it going to hurt?
2. Rack to secondary and wait at least a week to see how it's clearing.
3. If I was in a major hurry, I'd cold crash it for a week and hope for the best.

Thanks for the response Aprat.

Im leaning towards giving it another 2 weeks. at this point its just teasing me!
Guess that means I need to drink some of my other home brew........

Brewed the AHS Flanders Brown (extract) myself 2 weeks ago. OG of 1.070 Pitched a 11.5g package of saftbrew t-58. Aerated with pure oxygen and diffuser stone. Checked after 5 days was at 1.022. Fermentation had been at 66 degrees (constant, using heater with external thermostat). I increased the temp to 68, left it until today. Checked again and was still at 1.022. I plan on re-pitching some more of the original yeast tonight.

Only posting because I saw it was the same kit, but with different yeast and partial mash. Hopefully my fermentation will restart as well.

I ended up waiting about 3 weeks from repitch and then cold crashed it. Started drinking them this weekend and they are fantastic.

Hope yours turns out just as good as mine did mikes.

Back