Stuck Disconnect

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fixie

Reaction score
I recently got a kegging system and everything is working out great... sort of. I tapped my kegs and drank them, but when I went to take the disconnect off of the keg it is stuck. I have pulled with all my might and no budge. I have unscrewed the plug it is stuck to and tried that but I cannot get this thing off for the life of me. Any ideas:drunk:? Thanks for the help

If ball-lock (probably is) just pull the ring up and really pull on the thing. I've had some that were stuck on really hard (usually when I put it on the wrong post...) and it takes some serious muscle to pull them off.

if you screw the post back into the keg, you can usually get a flat screwdriver in there (if the ring is pulled up on the ball lock disconnect) and pry it off by just working your way around the post.

i like the torch and hammer idea. ha. ive never had this problem so i am totally useless in finding an answer, just wanted to be a jackass.

I made the mistake of putting the beer out line on the wrong post before. It sticks it on there REALLY good. I couldn't get it off with my bare hands. It was a friends beer line that I had borrowed to(next to brand new!)

I ended up getting it off with a gasket scraper/pry bar. The problem is that these things are almost impossible to lift up nice and level. The pry bar on the opposite side of the hose work perfect. It came right off.

There are very few problems in life that cannot be solved with a suitable application of high explosives.

:cool:

Latest posts

Back