Stuck at 1020?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skizz

Reaction score
My 2nd brew seems to be stuck at 1020 after 7 days. I was wondering since I have a conical can I just dump the yeast out the bottom and make a new starter over the next couple days and re-pitch? Or should I wait longer?

Ingredients:
Coopers Canadian Blonde
1.3kg of Light DME
150g or Dextrose
Rehydraded the yeast satchet.
OG 1055
after 5 days 1020
after 7 days 1020

i hate this problem. i am still having this problem on a nut brown i made from brewer's best. i shook up the bucket quite a bit to the point of grabbing a sanitized spoon and getting everything moving again. thought it was working (seeing bubbles in the airlock). waited a few days to rack to secondary, checked gravity, still 1020. i racked regardless - i needed the bucket.

i read a thread about this and someone said something about some amalyze enzyme.

maybe a vet knows a little more about the enzyme

Racked to a carboy(secondary) and after a week there are little white dots at top of beer. If i tap the carboy lightly they start to fall to the bottom.

I have a few questions for the experianced brewers out there if you could please chime in with some helpfull info.

1. Is the white dots normal?
2. Can I go ahead and Rack to my Keg?
3. Can I reuse the yeast at the bottom of the Secondary(Carboy)?

Thank you for your responses and help.

(I need some answers as the weirdest thing happened last night. My 1st Keg started pushing out foam and CO2?. I was scrathing my head cause Beer had been coming out this thing for over a month now. Anyone know what happened? Has this happened to aneone else?)

1.020 seems to be the magic number. I see it so much on here. I too stuck there with my current brew. I mad the dumb mistake of figuring I'd rack to secondary and then check my SG. Dunno what I was thinking. There were bubbles in the yeast cake after I racked the beer off, which I think tells me that it was still doing it's work. When I checked SG... yep.... 1.020.

The little white dots are clumps of yeast and they are perfectly fine.

Back