Struggling Brewer from Buffalo, NY

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheCADJockey

ALL YOUR BASE
Reaction score
Hi friends. I've been brewing for a few years, referencing this site for information and have finally today joined to post. My first thread explains everything, if I do this right you can find it here:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/new-guy-first-post-489464/

I could really use some help and inspiration. I'm pretty down about the whole situation and just do not know what I'm doing wrong. Otherwise, thank you all indirectly. Your own experiences have helped me through some tough times. Well wishes to all.

Welcome to the hobby, and the group, from CO :mug:

All brewers go through frustrations, that's where having some homebrew to mellow things out helps.

Keep at it, soon you'll be drinking great beer, made with your hands.

Bottle bombs are when they explode. You had 'gushers' which just foam like crazy when opened. Your issue was probably bottling it before it was done fermenting, too much priming sugar, or infection. Next time make sure you hit terminal gravity, you are using the right amount of priming sugar and that your sanitation process is sound. You do this then you wont have the same issue as you did before.

Back