Strong brew ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike@Lincoln

Reaction score
I first posted on 19/06 titled "Second brew just started"....well, the fermentation has just about stopped and the hydrometer says 1003. OG was 1055 so it seems this will be a pretty strong brew !................I can tell SAM 75 that when the neighbors find out I will definitely be holding a very noisy piss-up this time !!!!!!!!!!! :D
Regards to all.
Mike @Lincoln

Sam75 said:
A bloody fine piss-up it should be, indeed! :D

Could I get in line for the weed-killing Porter? My pasture is getting pretty overgrown and the weeds are taking over the fence line. That, and I have no fear for the dark beer.

Begging For Beer Monkey :(

Well folks !
I just took afinal reading today and ABV works out at 7.2 !!!! Wow !
It's in the keg now so I will let this one mature and clear some more.
I hope to start another brew next week, only this time I think I'll go easier on the sugar and honey, it's ok having these strong brews for a laugh, but if I can stick around 4%ABV it's a more "sociable" drink ( what the owner at my local pub would call "a session beer". It's long been one of my ambitions to make a still.........but that's another story !
Regards to all.
Mike. :p :D

Is distillation legal in the U.K. , or are you guys held down by a system equally as unjust as ours ? If you're interested, just for curiositys sake, go to www. moonshinestill.com . They have plans for an internal- reflux still that could be ( hypothetically ) built for around $75.00 U.S. Understand, this is for educational purposes only. I couldn't condone the thought of a Brewbrother doing anything illegal. No, that'd just be wrong. Hell of a site. They give a history of distillation, explain the finer points of the process, and give very clear technical information on the equipment used. I thoroughly enjoyed it. From an academic point of view , of course.

Have Fun,

Sudsmonkey

Distilling, Officer??? Nono... this is a "purification" column...

sudsmonkey said:
Is distillation legal in the U.K. , or are you guys held down by a system equally as unjust as ours ? If you're interested, just for curiositys sake, go to www. moonshinestill.com . They have plans for an internal- reflux still that could be ( hypothetically ) built for around $75.00 U.S. Understand, this is for educational purposes only. I couldn't condone the thought of a Brewbrother doing anything illegal. No, that'd just be wrong. Hell of a site. They give a history of distillation, explain the finer points of the process, and give very clear technical information on the equipment used. I thoroughly enjoyed it. From an academic point of view , of course.

Have Fun,

Sudsmonkey

Hey just for shits and giggles I tryed to find the site www.moonshinestill.com and all I come up with is a Band site. :confused: Please help :D

Back