stringy aftermath ....bombshell blonde

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you use a garden hose to fill your brew kettle? If so, I would bet those things came from inside the hose. Especially if the hose is left outside with water in it.

Just a thought because I have seen similar “strings” from my hose when I fill the kettle. I usually let the water run for a little while now before filling the kettle.

Scott

I forgot to update this...I finally figured out what it was! I was residue form my brew kettle. I noticed that there was a whitish film of something on the bottom of my brew kettle. This is from not scrubing after brewing...only rinsing. As I cleaned the kettle it was obvious that the mystery stringy things were part of this film that broke free during boil.

Thanks for all those that helped!

No it was just accumulated film from prior brews. I would just rinse it out and call it good which left a film of residue on the bottom that was very hard to detect until you actually scrubbed on the kettle

Back