StrangeBrew Elsinore System?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlager

Reaction score
Doug, Thank you for taking the time to create such a cool application. I was just about to create a pid system using the traditional electric approach, I am glad that I did not. A neighbor and I are collaborating to build our own systems and I thought you or other experts may offer some answers to a couple of questions we have. We both do BIAB with no pumps and want to use your Elsinore. Your webpage has most of the required parts list and my own:
Raspberry Pi with SD card(required)
Raspberry Pi Plate kit from Adafruit(really required?)
usb wifi dongle(required)
1-wire DS18B20 digital thermometer(required)
4.7k resistor(needed for temp probe)

Would like to have a volume sensor, could you recommend one that is compatible with Pi?
Could you also recommend a 220volt SSR?

Any comments are appreciated a complete shopping list would be fantastic

Raspberry Pi with SD card(required)

yes
Raspberry Pi Plate kit from Adafruit(really required?)

Not required, it may make like easier.
usb wifi dongle(required)

yes if you want wireless access.

1-wire DS18B20 digital thermometer(required)

yes
4.7k resistor(needed for temp probe)

yes

Would like to have a volume sensor, could you recommend one that is compatible with Pi?

This is documented

Could you also recommend a 220volt SSR?

There's a lot of choice out there, I can't tell you a perfect one to go for, there's been many threads about SSRs in this forum.
Any comments are appreciated a complete shopping list would be fantastic

I'm not going to be able to write a shopping list aside from the required hardware list, it changes depending on your country........

Latest posts

Back