Straberry Wheat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rpres1977

Reaction score
Anyone ever try brewing an all grain straberry wheat or have a nice recipe they may be willing to share for one? Summer is right around the corner and think this would be a nice touch

i do a panty-dropper blackberry wheat all the time. It's so easy.

5 gallons all grain
5.5 lbs 2 row
5.5 lbs wheat malt
1/2 oz mild bittering hop like magnum or 1 oz something low alpha like willamette
for the 60 min boil

either american wheat yeast or wlp001 - really doesn't make much difference in a side-by-side

3 lbs canned fruit slurry in secondary fermenter as fermentation slows, say after 5-6 days at about 68. Leave on fruit for a week or so.

With strawberries, I'd use maybe twice as much fruit. It also helps to mash it up a bit.

I use generic oregon fruit purees I can get in cans at my local grocery store. THey are generic versions of the oregon fruit purees you can get from northern brewer or similar.

FOr extract I'd sub maybe 1 can pale extract and 1 can wheat? Not real sure about converting grain to extract.

This makes an incredibly drinkable, tasty, simple beer that my wife loves.

Nice.......How about a mash schedule, I don't brew much with wheat malt. Are you using a protein rest at all to gain any clarity?

nope. straight infusion at 154ish. The fruit itself will cloud the crap out of this beer - clarity is likely not going to happen. It's supposed to be cloudy and it's not from yeast, it's from the proteins. Only issue is that wheat gets reallllly sticky and you could get a stuck mash. Just drain slowly when fly or batch sparging and if you do get stuck, just restir, revourlaf, and start again.

Latest posts

Back