Stout question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pgordon80

Reaction score
Unfortunately my father in law is having to give up the hobby but he is giving me his kegerator. I am a big stout fan and my wife is more of a wheat fan. Is nitrous necessary for stouts or will CO2 be sufficient? I'm sure this has been asked and answered and I apologize, my first batch just became ready and I've had a few.

i don't have a stout setup, and i just did a 10 gallon stout this afternoon. not necessary at all. very few people have a stout setup, and it's a VERY popular style to do.

Nitro is not necessary. If your set up includes it, don't be afraid to try it on any style beer. My local nano has a bunch of beers on nitro, including a cream ale that is amazing.

Thanks guys. This keezer is setup for 4 kegs and i wasn't against purchasing extra equipment but I didn't want to if I didn't have to.

It's not setup for it Allen. My wife and I just had son #2 so that's cut out going out and like I said my father in law (who got me involved in brewing) has to give up the hobby for medical reasons is giving me his equipment. He mostly does wheats, he claims stouts are like drinking motor oil.

Back