Storing tap lines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TXPhisher

Reaction score
Well my first 5gal batch just ran out :(

I washed the corny out and mixed up some 12.5ppm BTU Iodophor in the corny, pressurized it, and ran it out of my tap line to clean the old beer out. My question is two fold

1: can I store my tap line full of 12.5ppm BTU in my refrigerator? Will this hurt the plastic? What is the best way to store this line?

2: what's the best way to store an empty corny at room temperature?

iodophor will discolor and permeate the plastic. I stopped using it 3 years ago for this reason. The smell persists, which means the chemicals linger in there.

You could do it if there was a reason, but I would at least flush it with water and drain it as dry as possible. I don't make too much of a fuss about storing lines, just rinse them with sanitizer before their next use. same goes for kegs. They don't seal reliably at ambient pressure, so there's really no use trying to store them sanitary for very long. just rinse with a bit of starsan, etc. before the next use.

Back