Storing sanitizer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Descender

Reaction score
I use a sanitizer named Sani-Sure, which I get free from work. The active ingredient is trichloromelamine, and the instructions say it provides chlorine at 125 ppm. If I keep it in an airtight bucket, how long will it remain effective?

I've been told never to use bleach products in wine makeing. I am not familer with sani-sure or its active ingredient. If it provides chlorine does that make it a bleach type product? I may be way off bace, hopefully someone with real knowlage will speak up!
With that all said most times you are safe to use a cleaning product on equipment as long as you rinse it very well afterwords.
If you keep it well sealed it should keep. If it is a ready to use product it should keep for years. If it is a mix as you go only mix enough for a month. If it is a smelly one use only as long as it stinks!

Descender said:
I use a sanitizer named Sani-Sure, which I get free from work. The active ingredient is trichloromelamine, and the instructions say it provides chlorine at 125 ppm. If I keep it in an airtight bucket, how long will it remain effective?

I've been told never to use bleach products in wine makeing. I am not familer with sani-sure or its active ingredient. If it provides chlorine does that make it a bleach type product? I may be way off bace, hopefully someone with real knowlage will speak up!
With that all said most times you are safe to use a cleaning product on equipment as long as you rinse it very well afterwords.
If you keep it well sealed it should keep. If it is a ready to use product it should keep for years. If it is a mix as you go only mix enough for a month. If it is a smelly one use only as long as it stinks!

That's what I thought. Still stinky, like Homer's pool.

Back