Storing beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicyclefence

Reaction score
Hey all,

I have a small closet that I'm currently storing beer in. I've got some great ageable beer put away and I'm just curious if the closet will suffice. It stays around 17 degrees throughout the winter and this weekend we had back to back 30 degree days, I checked the temperature in there and it was up to 24 (75 for for my 'Murican friends). Is this 7 degree fluctuation enough to hurt the beer? I have a couple bottles I'd like to age for a couple years. And of course, there's no light in there at all.

Thanks!

Well,if they're all carbed up & ready to go,then they'd be ok. But cooler temps like a basement would be better for longevity.

I keep my beer in a closet that stays about 72-75 during the summer and around 64 during the winter. Don't think you would have any problems whatsoever other than if you are bottle conditioning, the colder temps would take longer to carb up your brews.

As Union stated, if they are already carbed up you should have no problems at all

Haha sorry I should have been more clear especially because this is a homebrewing forum. They're not home brews, these are just some rare beer I've gone through a bit if a hassle to get and I want to make sure they maintain or improve their quality over the next year or two. But thanks, sounds like I should be alright.

Back