Storiing Keg Under pressure

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_Mad_Scientist

Reaction score
I have a question about being able to store in kegerator or walk in cooler a full keg that has been force carbonated.

Some background, I am brewing all my own beer for our wedding, 4 corny's worth. I am also bringing my kreezer to the reception for the bartenders to use to dispense my beer. (I was able to build the keezer because of the wedding). It is only a 2 tap system. Which is great because I am only providing 2 types of beer. But I have 2 kegs of each, my plan is to hook up each keg for slow carbonation ie 12-14 psi for 1-2 weeks then disconnect the co2 and leave it pressurized and move it to the other cooler/fridge to maintain the temp. Hence freeing up the gas line to carb another...then repeat until they are all carb'd and being stored either in the keezer or 2nd fridge until the wedding in 2 months.

Would there be any problems or issues with this type of setup/prep? Would hate to get to the wedding and have flat or bad beer.

Thanks

Provided the kegs don't leak, you'll be good to go! I'd quadruple check all the seals/fittings first... Congrats on the wedding, it's awesome that you're providing the beer.

Provided the kegs don't leak, you'll be good to go! I'd quadruple check all the seals/fittings first... Congrats on the wedding, it's awesome that you're providing the beer.

I did a test already and they held pressures half full with sanitizer for a week. So fingers crossed. plus I figured I could every week or so...hook up the gas to make sure there was no loss in pressure.

Latest posts

Back