Stopper Won't Seal Carboy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThirdGen

Reaction score
Emergency! (Maybe). I just racked my brew to a secondary carboy, everything went perfect except that now my plug (with airlock inserted) won't seat around the mouth of the carboy? Everything is still wet from the StarSan solution, should I dry off the plug and carboy mouth with a towel and try again? Not sure what to do and I don't want any contamination issues, so any quick answers are much appreciated!!!

Not sure if this was the most sanitary way to do it but I ran into the same problem once in that the suds from the star san made the mouth of the carboy slick. I used a paper napkin and dried off the mouth of the carboy. Like I said not the ideal way I'm sure but it worked.

Universals are one of the better additions in a while to a brewer's toolkit. I know that I really was getting tired of looking for the right sized stopper for a given carboy for ten minutes at a time before they came out.

Latest posts

Back