Stop draft faucets from turning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grupe

Reaction score
I didn't see a prior thread on this and I would assume I am not the first to have this issue, but has anyone came up with a good way from keeping your faucets from turning? When I say turning, when you are looking at the box the tap should be straight up and down. I am installing them in jockey box so I can't tight the nuts down to tight. Even if I did, I think they would still turn a little.

I was thinking about cutting a piece of metal that would slide over the nuts on the inside of the box, but is kind of a pain.

Thoughts?

jockeybox.jpg

I have the same problem on my keg fridge, but wasn't as concerned about it as I am on the Jockey box.

You could put a tooth-style lock washer between the shank nut and the plastic wall of the cooler. Should keep the shank from turning.

Grainger has them for $2 for a 5pk here

In addition to the lock washer, maybe you can throw some silicon on the wall before you screw the nut down? It may help hold it still, but should be easy enough to peel off when you pull it all apart to clean.

I am going to grainger shortly to grab some of the lock washers. I will report back on my results. I also plan to use silicon.

Question: Why would you ever remove the shanks? All the guys I know with Jockey Boxes have a keg of sanitizer and just pump that through post use and then blow some air through to clear the lines.

Good point, if anything you might pull the faucet off to clean it but the shank should never come out.

When you get silicon just make sure you get the aquarium silicone thats 100% silicone, its better for homebrewing purposes than the construction or marine stuff. Its only like 8 bucks for a tube of it...its good for a lot of sealing purposes for homebrewing that need to be food safe.

I ordered the Grainger item listed above. They only ship these so the total was 12.69 after tax and shipping. Ouch..

I will report back once I test them out.

Back